cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online CLI at activation for Delta Skymiles or by phone?

tag
ah32
Frequent Contributor

Online CLI at activation for Delta Skymiles or by phone?

I'm about to activate my card.  Should I ask for a CLI online or by phone?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
ah32
Frequent Contributor

Re: Online CLI at activation for Delta Skymiles or by phone?

Asked for CLI by phone.  She asked what I wanted it to be... well, didn't want to ask for too much.  She said we can ask for a line increase every 30 days.  After I was approved for 4K (initially approved for 2K), she told me that if I would have asked for more for example, 10K, it could have come back as declined, but we can offer you 5K.  Darn, wish I would have asked for a higher cli.  Just have to call back in 30 days without charging too much or making sure I pay it off.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info Smiley Happy I'll have mine before 7-27 and can use it.
Message 3 of 10
ah32
Frequent Contributor

Update.  Tried in two different calls to change to Blue Cash card.  Called back again and asked about the interest rate (which I already knew was high at 18+%) and asked for it to be lowered.  They said they couldn't, but to call back after about a month and try.  After logging into my account, I notice an offer to apply for blue cash card.  I call back and get a really nice lady in FL.  I ask her about switching to the blue cash card and she says yes! Plus, I get a better interest rate of 12.24%! I can continue to use the card.  The effect will take place at the beginning of the month and they will send me a new card 7-10 days after Aug 1st.  Hell yeah!
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

ah32 wrote:
Update.  Tried in two different calls to change to Blue Cash card.  Called back again and asked about the interest rate (which I already knew was high at 18+%) and asked for it to be lowered.  They said they couldn't, but to call back after about a month and try.  After logging into my account, I notice an offer to apply for blue cash card.  I call back and get a really nice lady in FL.  I ask her about switching to the blue cash card and she says yes! Plus, I get a better interest rate of 12.24%! I can continue to use the card.  The effect will take place at the beginning of the month and they will send me a new card 7-10 days after Aug 1st.  Hell yeah!

Just be very careful with these conversions and CLI.....As Amex is throwing Financial Reviews on folks which will totally freeze your account for a while. I feel that to much communication with them right now will maybe trigger one.......just FYI.
Message 5 of 10
ah32
Frequent Contributor

Thanks.  I read over that topic too.  I'm not worried.  I have the docs to back up my application.  Just be sure to quote the same household income you used on your application.  I wonder if that has had an impact on those getting financial reviews?
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

ah32 wrote:
Thanks.  I read over that topic too.  I'm not worried.  I have the docs to back up my application.  Just be sure to quote the same household income you used on your application.  I wonder if that has had an impact on those getting financial reviews?

Didn't think i had any reason to worry, either.....and i was honest. It's just a pain in the butt!!!!
Message 7 of 10
ah32
Frequent Contributor

What again did they ask of you? Taxes? I've never head of reviews before now.  Is it only Amex?
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

ah32 wrote:
What again did they ask of you? Taxes? I've never head of reviews before now.  Is it only Amex?

They asked for my 2006 tax return........they are also known to ask for bank statements and also do a full blown audit!!!!
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

flygirl wrote:

ah32 wrote:

Didn't think i had any reason to worry, either.....and i was honest. It's just a pain in the butt!!!!

ah2.....although they ask for household income on the applications.....when they do reviews, they only consider the individuals income that applied for the card...........
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.