Reply
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 290
Registered: ‎06-05-2007
0

Online CLI at activation for Delta Skymiles or by phone?

I'm about to activate my card.  Should I ask for a CLI online or by phone?
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 290
Registered: ‎06-05-2007
0

Re: Online CLI at activation for Delta Skymiles or by phone?

Asked for CLI by phone.  She asked what I wanted it to be... well, didn't want to ask for too much.  She said we can ask for a line increase every 30 days.  After I was approved for 4K (initially approved for 2K), she told me that if I would have asked for more for example, 10K, it could have come back as declined, but we can offer you 5K.  Darn, wish I would have asked for a higher cli.  Just have to call back in 30 days without charging too much or making sure I pay it off.
Established Contributor
Posts: 677
Registered: ‎05-31-2007
0

Re: Online CLI at activation for Delta Skymiles or by phone?

Thanks for the info :smileyhappy: I'll have mine before 7-27 and can use it.
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 290
Registered: ‎06-05-2007
0

Re: Online CLI at activation for Delta Skymiles or by phone?

Update.  Tried in two different calls to change to Blue Cash card.  Called back again and asked about the interest rate (which I already knew was high at 18+%) and asked for it to be lowered.  They said they couldn't, but to call back after about a month and try.  After logging into my account, I notice an offer to apply for blue cash card.  I call back and get a really nice lady in FL.  I ask her about switching to the blue cash card and she says yes! Plus, I get a better interest rate of 12.24%! I can continue to use the card.  The effect will take place at the beginning of the month and they will send me a new card 7-10 days after Aug 1st.  Hell yeah!
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 440
Registered: ‎06-11-2007
0

Re: Online CLI at activation for Delta Skymiles or by phone?



ah32 wrote:
Update.  Tried in two different calls to change to Blue Cash card.  Called back again and asked about the interest rate (which I already knew was high at 18+%) and asked for it to be lowered.  They said they couldn't, but to call back after about a month and try.  After logging into my account, I notice an offer to apply for blue cash card.  I call back and get a really nice lady in FL.  I ask her about switching to the blue cash card and she says yes! Plus, I get a better interest rate of 12.24%! I can continue to use the card.  The effect will take place at the beginning of the month and they will send me a new card 7-10 days after Aug 1st.  Hell yeah!


Just be very careful with these conversions and CLI.....As Amex is throwing Financial Reviews on folks which will totally freeze your account for a while. I feel that to much communication with them right now will maybe trigger one.......just FYI.
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 290
Registered: ‎06-05-2007
0

Re: Online CLI at activation for Delta Skymiles or by phone?

Thanks.  I read over that topic too.  I'm not worried.  I have the docs to back up my application.  Just be sure to quote the same household income you used on your application.  I wonder if that has had an impact on those getting financial reviews?
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 440
Registered: ‎06-11-2007
0

Re: Online CLI at activation for Delta Skymiles or by phone?



ah32 wrote:
Thanks.  I read over that topic too.  I'm not worried.  I have the docs to back up my application.  Just be sure to quote the same household income you used on your application.  I wonder if that has had an impact on those getting financial reviews?


Didn't think i had any reason to worry, either.....and i was honest. It's just a pain in the butt!!!!
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 290
Registered: ‎06-05-2007
0

Re: Online CLI at activation for Delta Skymiles or by phone?

What again did they ask of you? Taxes? I've never head of reviews before now.  Is it only Amex?
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 440
Registered: ‎06-11-2007
0

Re: Online CLI at activation for Delta Skymiles or by phone?



ah32 wrote:
What again did they ask of you? Taxes? I've never head of reviews before now.  Is it only Amex?


They asked for my 2006 tax return........they are also known to ask for bank statements and also do a full blown audit!!!!
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 440
Registered: ‎06-11-2007
0

Re: Online CLI at activation for Delta Skymiles or by phone?



flygirl wrote:


ah32 wrote:
Thanks.  I read over that topic too.  I'm not worried.  I have the docs to back up my application.  Just be sure to quote the same household income you used on your application.  I wonder if that has had an impact on those getting financial reviews?


Didn't think i had any reason to worry, either.....and i was honest. It's just a pain in the butt!!!!


ah2.....although they ask for household income on the applications.....when they do reviews, they only consider the individuals income that applied for the card...........
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.