cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only 27 days late?

tag
board_chick

Only 27 days late?

I just called to make a credit card payment for a card I never use (the payment is paying off the annual fee).  And when I went to make the payment (due today 7/1) I was informed that I had an overdue balance.  Somehow I completely forgot to make the payment on June 1.  Looking back though my checking account statement online, I accidentally recorded a payment made by my husband on his card as my payment on this card.  Ugh.  I have a really good credit socre and have only been 30 days late once in my life, about 13 years ago...Anyway, I talked to a customer service rep who said that with today's payment, I would only be 27 days late and therefore not reported. But I don't understand how that is possible, since the last payment was due Jun 1st and the last payment I made (for May) posted on 5/5.  Has this happened to anyone else?  It's a Barclay US Airways Mastercard. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Iamien
Established Member

Re: Only 27 days late?

The date you last paid does not matter. All that matters is the due date and days past due.

Many credit-reporting companies only report accounts that are 30 or 45 days past due.

You lucked out this time.

733 TU (08/21/2013)
Amex BCE($20,000): 3% Groceries - 2% Gas - 2% Department Stores
US Bank Cash+($9,500): 5% Fast Food - 5% Cellphones - 2% Resteraunts
Chase Freedom($4000): 5% Rotating
CapOne QuickSilver($30,000): 1.5% Everything
Citi Double Cash($12,500): 2% Everything.
Lowes($2,400) 5% off Lowes.
Message 2 of 5
board_chick

Thank you for responding, but how am I not 30 days late if a payment was due on June 1 and it's July 1?  The gentleman I spoke with said his system showed with today's payment my account is only 27 days late.  I would love to believe it and be "lucky", but I guess I just don't understand how it is possible. 

Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@board_chick wrote:

Thank you for responding, but how am I not 30 days late if a payment was due on June 1 and it's July 1?  The gentleman I spoke with said his system showed with today's payment my account is only 27 days late.  I would love to believe it and be "lucky", but I guess I just don't understand how it is possible. 

Possible they have a grace period, I would be watching your CRs next month to see if its reported or not.

Message 4 of 5
board_chick

Thanks.  In a little more poking around, it seems my last statement close date was June 4, so I am wondering if they atart counting from that date...which would be 27 days.  I will be watching my credit report.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.