Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only a record with Transunion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only a record with Transunion

I came to the states about a year ago, and the only form of credit I've had is a secured credit card from Wamu. Apparently now I only have a credit rating with Transunion, and not with the other two companies. Why would this be, and what is necessary to get a rating with all 3 companies. Thank you.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Only a record with Transunion

Better yet, I just got denied for an unsecured credit card from Wamu because "Your credit file does not contain enough information upon which we can make a credit decision", even though I've had a credit card with them for the past year which I haven't made a single late payment on!
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check and see how many months that card is being reported as on the other 2 bureaus. Remember that you have to have atleast one trade line open for 6 mos or more to get a score.

Wamu might be checking one of the other bureaus in which you currently do not qualify for a score.
Message 3 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I would ask them if they would report your secured card to all three CRA's, and to report all twelve months' worth.

Pretty sad to be denied by a CCC because they failed to report a card that they issued! Smiley Mad
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I contacted Wamu and they claim that they report my account to all three credit bureaus, but it does not show up on the reports from Experion or Equifax. What path do I take at this point? Do I need to open disputes with the two credit bureaus to get them to add the credit history? Thanks
Message 5 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I'm going to move this to General Credit Issues. I think I've seen other posts with similar problems, but I can't find them now. Good luck!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Cidz wrote:
I contacted Wamu and they claim that they report my account to all three credit bureaus, but it does not show up on the reports from Experion or Equifax. What path do I take at this point? Do I need to open disputes with the two credit bureaus to get them to add the credit history? Thanks

Don't dispute! It could come off TU. Besides, you can't dispute something that isn't there. You'd have to dig deeper with WAMU. The problem lies with them.
Message 7 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I agree with llecs.  A CRA wont add info to your file that did not come from a creditor, so WAMU is the one not reporting.  Their statement that they have reported to all three CRAs is clearly disputed by the simple fact that it aint there!  Dah!!!!
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wamu still claims that they have reported the information, even when I insisted that they double check. At this point it looks like the only option I have is to dispute this with Experion and Equifax... Any other suggestions? It doesn't seem like it should be this hard to have my credit card tracked by the credit bureuas; shouldn't they want to track me?! Also, what do you mean by "It could come off TU." Thanks for all the help!
Message 9 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Yo, Cidz.
I WOULD dispute in a hearbeat, if you want it to show in your other CRA files. And you apparently do.
If that is your only TL, then the other CRAs wont be able to provide a credit score to you if they have no record of credit.  So gettnng it in your CR is important.

Here is my recommendation.  Since the problem is with WAMU reporting, you were correct in first asking them to correct the problem.  That was only logical.

But here is the rub.  WAMU has NO legal obligation to investigate directly as a result of a consumer inquiry.  They should do it as a good business practice, but have assured you that they have investigated, and CRA data contradicts their assertions.  Dah!  Someone is wrong here....

The Federal Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) specifies the legal  dispute process as being before the CRAs.  So here is my concise recommendation.

Send a dispute letter to each of the non-reporting CRAs, citing a request for dispute resolution under the FCRA.  Dont be nasty and make demands, just send a factual dispute letter, and be sure to cite the dispute as being under the FCRA.  Tell them that you have contacted WAMU, and WAMU asserts that they reported to the CRA, in contradiction to CRA data.

That dispute letter triggers a legal requirement for the CRA to investigate the matter, and return a decision to you within 30 days.  WAMU must comply in that investigation.  Let the CRA do your dispute resolution now.  Ignore WAMU.

Message Edited by RobertEG on 07-30-2008 12:25 AM

Message Edited by RobertEG on 07-30-2008 12:31 AM
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.