Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ooooooh Brammy's in BIG trouble - Medical Business Consultants

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ooooooh Brammy's in BIG trouble - Medical Business Consultants

I'm not sure how long many of you have been around. I posted way back in March I think about the importance of NEVER ignoring a collection attempt.  I did take my own advice and the drama continues. 

When I was contacted initially, I was pursued for collection for the physician portion of an emergency room visit. Luckily, that envelope did not see the shredder. I immediately contacted the Hospital and the collector and it was straightened out, even received a notification that the account was no longer in collections.  Good huh?  I thought so.  Until about 30 days ago.

I received a letter from Medical Business Concultants out of Largo.  I immediately called and they identified hat htey were collecting for the same account for the same company for the same date of service. HUH? At that time I advised the young lady that all of this had been taken care of months ago, she persisted, so I requested a DV since I cannot have paid a company and them still be collecting.

The rep's response? We don't have to do anything, you have until 5pm to pay.  I'm like WTF?  No I didn't say it out loud but almost.  Little heffer hung up on me. I immediately called back and requested a supervisor. I explained what the CSR had said and her response 'We don't do that. Are you sure she said that?"  I said "I am as sure that she said that as I am sure that I told her 'I don't need to do a d*mned thing by five o'clock.'   Okay I will admit it, Brammy lost it.

Okay I let them BS me. Told that as long as I sent proof of coverage the account would be closed. Sent the proof and heard nothing.  Two weeks ago I gave them a call, once agin knowing better than to let a collection slide and was told that they had to verify that the date of service in question was covered.  Hey!  I'm thinking no problem, contact number right at the bottom of the page....Fast forward to today and you will see how it played out

The following is a leter I faxed to the head of their collections department today.  Did I mention I also have a call in to my attorney?  once again that proactive side of me

*************************************************************************************************************

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Vince Laprova

Medical Business consultants

PO Box 5417

Largo Fla 33779

Dear Mr. Laprova

I see the tactics have not changed.  I contacted your office over two weeks ago after faxing in the determination for my January 18th date of service at the xxxxxxxxxx. Upon contacting your office, I was assured that I would be notified of any determination made on the information provided.  That was not done. Nor did you notify me that any additional information would be needed to make said determination.  I guess I would have just been surprised to find it on my credit report. 

During our last conversation, you and your staff informed me that you would verify with  XXXXXX, the only people who could provide you with the dates of service covered.  Yet you tell me that your client advised you that the letter was invalid.  Speaking with your client today, I was advised that they have never advised on this matter. Moreover, there were absolutely no notes on the account about a contact regarding this account.

I am glad that I was proactive in this situation, as I have just ended a phone call to XXXXXXXX requesting a more thorough determination to meet your needs.  I am sure that the turnaround time will be 7-10 days which is standard.

Now, under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, no violations have been made as of yet. However under the Fair Debt Collection Practices that is a different story.   I believe absolute refusal to verify information provided is in clear violation.  Your argument was that the approval date did not match the dates of service, how could it possibly match when it was an Emergency room visit and not even applied for until after the date of service.  You were informed multiple times that XXXXXXXXX would be more than happy to verify with one phone call and even provided a contact number.

If this crosses the line of being reported to the three bureaus, even though you have been made aware that additional documentation is forthcoming, I will not only amend my complaint against your organization filed with the FTC today but pursue legal action for any resulting adverse actions that my creditors may take as my current FICO scores are all in the 700 range.

I prefer all future contact with your organization be in writing since it is obvious that your word cannot be trusted.

CC: Metro American, FTC

**Fax return receipt will be considered proof of delivery

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ooooooh Brammy's in BIG trouble - Medical Business Consultants

Not my best writing but I had 20 mins to get to work and I was p*ssed.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like the rep you talked to the first time was a graduate of the Orcish School of Customer Relations.

I've one-upped quite a few of them in my life. Looks like you're off to a good start.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I faxed the letter as soon as I finished filing my online complaint with the FTC.  Hopefully the OC has enough sense to know that should this go to court they would be just as liable as MBC is acting as their agent.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

killa cool. kill  them w/ credit education.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

No....he is a graduate of Larry Storche's School of business. there are many like him out there. I find it more men then women become so abbrasive. Anyway....legalism always wins. And if this not helps, well there is always an option of putting a collection agency's CEO in to collection with another CA for the same ammount or bigger. hehehehehe
I am mean...i know.
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW!! That is so totally totally messed up....But I am sure you will get them straight. These collection agencies never cease to amaze me.

Message Edited by ObsessedwithmyFico on 09-20-2007 04:04 PM
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

montana wrote:
. And if this not helps, well there is always an option of putting a collection agency's CEO in to collection with another CA for the same ammount or bigger. hehehehehe
I am mean...i know.

Shoot just give me the opportunity.  Tired of working anyway...lol!!!

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now Brammy,   Tell me, how many times have you advised people everything in writting?

We always try to be nice & get the info. needed but it seems that CAs are getting nastier & dumber!

I am trying to work with 1 right now. It is medical and I know that I do not owe anything. The only reason that I will talk to them is because they are nice & really trying to figure it all out. I am one of the luck ones that have 100% medical coverage.(they are also in my state & must follow the law)

The CA that you have is one of the worse kind of bottom feeder.

Good luck & if you sue get a bunch of money!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Very good letter!
Message 9 of 13
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

omg brammy, that's ridiculous! I tend to think ca reps get a commission on every freakin account they can get $ on, even if it's bogus!
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.