Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open a new ING checking incure a HP?

tag
stone
Regular Contributor

Open a new ING checking incure a HP?

ING is on black friday promo, and this is a $107 cachback for new checking account, but someone point out that ING will do HP when you open a checking account? is that true? and is it worth?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
namvet
Established Contributor

Re: Open a new ING checking incure a HP?

Yes Ing will do a HP on Equifax!  They do this to see if you will qualify for the overdraft line of credit (up to $1,000) that will be offered to you.

Message 2 of 6
stone
Regular Contributor

I think it is not worth to open this checking account at this time for me, since I am plan to apply an amex blue next month, and already got 4 HPs on file this year...

Message 3 of 6
namvet
Established Contributor

I think you made the right decesion!  Ing is a great company to do business with but the HP would not look good for you (at this time)!

Message 4 of 6
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

@namvet wrote:

I think you made the right decesion!  Ing is a great company to do business with but the HP would not look good for you (at this time)!

I declined the overdraft when I added the "checking" account to my savings account last year. There definitely was no hard pull for that -- I don't know if there would have been if I wasn't already a savings customer or if I would have applied for overdraft as well.

Message 5 of 6
namvet
Established Contributor

I declined the overdraft protection as well when i opened a checking account.  Still got the HP even though i had a banking relationship with them for a couple of years.  Why the HP??   DW is a banker and she said the HP was unusual unless there was a credit request!  Well Ing doesn't offer credit cards (yet) so go figure!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.