cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open vs Closed collections... a little help.

tag
musclegto
New Contributor

Re: Open vs Closed collections... a little help.

And thank you for being patient, I am still reading all of the post from those links you shared. 

Message 11 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Open vs Closed collections... a little help.

@musclegto wrote:

The account I mention as "open" is one that has been in a CA for a few years now. It is in collections, but I have not received a letter from them for months nor have I made any arrangments to pay for anything yet. I have some money now so I wanted to take care of it since it is the only account that is "open" on my CR, I figured I would take care of the "charged off accounts" later.  I was going to call to try and settle the debt, but then I saw the ifnormation on PFD, is this something that would benefit from PFD in regards to removing bad debt from my history? 

The account itself is closed as far as it being available for use, that open comment just means its status is an active open collection account. PFDs if they are successful result in the derog itself being removed from your credit file in its entirety so yes they are beneficial to you to attempt them.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.