Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opting Out of Credit Card Offers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Opting Out of Credit Card Offers

I have heard that opting out of credit card offers will boost your credit score.  Anybody know if this is true?  I need to boost my middle score 3 points and fast - Anybody know it I go to the website and opt out if it will raise my credit score and if so, is it quick?  Thanks in advance for any info!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Opting Out of Credit Card Offers

As far as I know, opting out does not change your score.  It may well be considered a good thing in some quarters on a manual review, however.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Opting in (or out) has 0 impact on your score.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you opt out, you will have fewer soft inquiries.  But no one sees them except you, and they do not count in your score.

Phone: 1-888-5 OPT OUT
Message 4 of 5
Kooliad
Regular Contributor

mrs4brl wrote:
I have heard that opting out of credit card offers will boost your credit score.  Anybody know if this is true?  I need to boost my middle score 3 points and fast - Anybody know it I go to the website and opt out if it will raise my credit score and if so, is it quick?  Thanks in advance for any info!

Hi mrs4brl
I op out a month ago and got -0- point do not op out. Only thing about it is you will not get pre approved mail thats it bottom line.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.