Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opting out?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Opting out?

I saw on another website that you should opt out and update personal information with the CRA before starting any credit repair.

Is this true?

What is opting out?

Can you call the CRA and update your personal information or do it online?

Thanks.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Opting out?

ProudMom wrote:
I saw on another website that you should opt out and update personal information with the CRA before starting any credit repair.

Is this true?

What is opting out?

Can you call the CRA and update your personal information or do it online?

Thanks.

When I first pulled my CR....it had names & addresses that were not mine....I disputed online with no problem.
Others have been asked for fax or mailed ID.

At the same time I disputed some things that were on my report. BUT you need to do all 3 CRAs at the same time.

When you op-out....they do not share info with partners.(partners are not other 2 CRA)

You can op-out with CCC also....it means that they will not share with their partners......This is where you get CC offers....so sometimes it is better not to op-out. 

Message Edited by HappyDays on 09-04-2007 11:55 PM
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Opting out?

Opting in or out does not improve or hurt your credit score.  The only benefit I see of opting out isto avoid the temptation of jumping on the first credit offer that comes you way while you are in the repair process.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.