Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Options??????

tag
2anewu
Regular Contributor

Options??????

I got a T Mobile account for my sister---she did not pay---broke the contract---and now it is on my credit report.  Oh and yes I have lost 52 points b/c of her..  My question is...are there any options besides DV or PFD? She just spent the money she owed me and now I have to figure this out.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Options??????

I think DV and then PFD are the best option. DV first so you can see all the charges and figure out what you are up against. Then when they respond do a PFD. Use the template here on the forum, but modify to explain the situation. Were you ever notified by the phone company that this account was in trouble BEFORE they started reporting it? If not, you should state that in the letter, something like "as a co-signer on the account I would have expected to be notified of any account issues so that they could be resolved prior to damaging my credit.... blah blah" then tell them you wan to pay it to get it off YOUR reports. If they still want to leave it on hers, fine. 52 points... ouch.
Message 2 of 4
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Family...anyway, how old is this account? Is it within your state's SOL? Who is reporting on your CRs?

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
2anewu
Regular Contributor

G C Services out of Gulfton, TX. Never heard of them. I found out this month because I was out of town for awhile, but it posted in late Jan. I am going to send out a DV this week and take the posted advice. I am just upset and angry right now. I had no new collections and my score really took a hit. I wanted to send a PFD for $350 or $380 b/c I will be the one paying it---not my sister, sadly-- but I know now that more is better. That's $467 down the drain.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.