Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard Bank CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Orchard Bank CC

will orchard approve me for a CC with scores of EQ 530??
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
nathan
Frequent Contributor

Re: Orchard Bank CC

I got approved with a 545 EQ. 300 limit, 108 annual fee. Not the best choice, but you got to start somewhere.
Message 2 of 15
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Honestly you would have been better off with a secured card.  In the long wrong that $108 Annual Fee would wind up being more thatn let's say the $300 ( or more you choose) you could have started a secured card with a much lower Annual Fee. 

If it's not to late to get out of the card,  I would.  
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

well they declined me even though I have an hsbc account that has been in good standings for 7 months,,,,now Ive wasted a precious Inquirey and got zilch out of it..........can I make some type of counter offer with them like a secured card without another inquirey
Message 4 of 15
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

motoracer wrote:
well they declined me even though I have an hsbc account that has been in good standings for 7 months,,,,now Ive wasted a precious Inquirey and got zilch out of it..........can I make some type of counter offer with them like a secured card without another inquirey

They didn't even offer the secured card?
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes they did but they said I would have to apply again since it was a different card,,,she did say I was guranteed to get the card but they would have to run my freakin credit again so that is 2 inquireys on my report in one day,,,,,Tuscani what do you suggest I do? If I would have known that the secured card looks like a normal card on my CR I would have just applied for the secured card and put 5k on the card to show the CL of 5000
Message 6 of 15
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

motoracer wrote:
yes they did but they said I would have to apply again since it was a different card,,,she did say I was guranteed to get the card but they would have to run my freakin credit again so that is 2 inquireys on my report in one day,,,,,Tuscani what do you suggest I do? If I would have known that the secured card looks like a normal card on my CR I would have just applied for the secured card and put 5k on the card to show the CL of 5000

I would get the secured. Two Inqs are not going to kill you. Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 15
GLMRGIRL717
Established Member

I wouldn't go with the secured card from Orchard Bank.  If you are going to go with a secured card, go with Bank of America.  Much lower annual fee and interest rate.  Not to mention they usually graduate you to an unsecured card with a higher limit and refund your deposit after about 9-12 months. 
Message 8 of 15
Boswd
Valued Contributor

I agree try BoA first,  anywhere you can save a buck or two is a good thing.
Message 9 of 15
UnderEstimated
Contributor

Attempt the BoA secured card first...  And after a year or so of using it wisely, you'll get much better "pre-approved" offers. 
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.