Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard Bank & Household Bank question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Orchard Bank & Household Bank question

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck actually getting the annual fee waived by Orchard / Household Bank ? What's the secret? My husband has made 3 phone calls and still no luck.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Orchard Bank & Household Bank question

did he mention a BT to them?
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is a BT?
Message 3 of 7
Cory
Established Contributor

Yes, what is BT?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Balance Transfer...You can ask them nicely but if you get nowhere you can tell them would they rather you transfer your balances to another more customer service friendly CC.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

No he hasn't tried that. The credit limit is $400. And he had a $350 balance. We did, however, pay this off last week (all but the $39 fee) and the payment was pending when he last called. So no balance to transfer. He did threaten to close the account, though. The Orchard rep said he would be glad to close the account and my husband could apply for one of their cards with no annual fee. My husband even spoke to a manager. Do you think it might be different now that there is no balance? Any other suggestions?
Message 6 of 7
sunnyday
Frequent Contributor

I have gotten 2 fees removed from household bank.  One was an over the limit fee and the other was a late fee.  But with that being said, it was not easy.  I had to speak with a supervisor, and really plead my case.  I paid my payment through the internet, and there was a holiday involved so it ended up being a day late, which also caused me to go over my credit limit, because at the same time got charged my annual fee on top of it all.  They did remove both fees.  I had my credit card with them for over a year at the time, and had always paid early, and paid more than the minimum payment due, which I kindly reminded the supervisor of.  Now, the next issue with them is this; after paying on time for over 1 year, they still did not increase my credit limit, and when I had asked them to, they wanted me to pay, for them to do a credit line increase credit check.  I said, absolutely NOT, will I pay for that.  I instead contacted the BBB, because whenever I applied for the card, they said you get regular credit line increases after 3 months of on time payments, and frequently thereafter.  It took about another 2 months, but got that free credit line increase.  They are tough, but if you are relentless, and talk to a supervisor, document times, dates, names, etc, you should be able to get your point across, and get results
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.