Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard Bank credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Orchard Bank credit card

So, I got approved for a $300 credit limit from Orchard Bank.  I am so embarrassed to have sunk so low, but that isn't getting me anywhere, so I want to handle it impeccably.  I haven't received the card yet, but can anyone tell me if they give periodic CLIs, can you request them, should I ever use the card beyond 9% util?  My credit score is so low, and I am working on it, but in the meantime, I just wanted to get started on something positive.  Did I do the right thing?  I got a First Premier card a while back, but I returned it because if all the fees and stipulations.  Is the Orchard Bank card any better (considering what it is along with the fact that I cannot get approved for anything else)?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
BRH3
Regular Contributor

Re: Orchard Bank credit card

Orchard is a decent card. They are stingy with CL increases. Also try Credit One Bank as long as you send a check and don't pay online. They are better about CL increases.
Message 2 of 9
BRH3
Regular Contributor

Target Red Card is easy to get as well. They may later give you a Target Visa if you pay well.
Message 3 of 9
silly34
Regular Contributor

I started w/ 300 from them run it up & PIF every month for 3 or so months. They will up your limit little by little.
Message 4 of 9
iwantbettercredit
Regular Contributor

I have had an Orchard credit card for almost a year and a half. I have never been late, I initially started with a $300 credit limit that is now $500.00, but still haa a $69.00 yearly fee, in addition three months ago they offered me a visa card with a $300.00 credit limit, and no yearly fee and a Gold mastercard from HSBC(Which owns them) with $400.00 limit, again with no yearly fee, they told me they are recognizing me for doing an outstanding job with my account. I have not paid late on any of them, and usually pay them off at the end of the month, I also only charge at the most 25% of my limit when I use them. I got a target Red card in June with a $200.00 credit limit and in august they increased it to $500.00, i noticed it on my statement. My credit score has changed for the better because of these accounts.
Navy Fed Visa $10,000
Navy Fed MasterCard $3,500
Pen Fed Visa $7500
Discover $3,200
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had an orchard account for over a year (500).  I spend a little each month - from 40 -150 and pif always.  Asked for a cli and was denied. 
Message 6 of 9
Boswd
Valued Contributor

I wouldn't sweat it too much.   Right now you are going through the process of , what we all have had to due, and that is just paying your dues ,  due to the fact of bad credit.

Orchard Bank/HSBC is a great starting card,  don't try to jump into the deep end to quickly.   It carries a fairly small annual fee.   Just use it once a month on something small, pay it off or keep you montly balance below 10% of the Credit limit.

At this point when your scores are low it's all about patience and letting time do it's thing.   Before you know it your credit will be getting better and you'll be able to qualify for better cards.    Just take it slow and stay the course.   I wouldn't start going crazy looking for other sub prime cards.   HSBC is a reputable company.   Most others you will find, as I'm sure you have, a loaded with fee's such as First Premier.   I would also stay away from Credit One as Well, though not as bad as some, it still has a little too many fees.

Just remember this is just a starters card to help you get back on track,  better cards will come along before you know it.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to all of you for the great advice.  I appreciate it so much!!  I did get approved for a Target Red card yesterday, as well, and I think I will stop there for now.  This is my chance to start the long road back to good credit, even if I do have to walk uphill for a while.  You folks on this board are positively wonderful.  Thanks again.
Message 8 of 9
demi
Established Contributor

Check your agreement....I think Orchard is one that charges you for credit limit increase requests, etc.  Maybe only on some plans....but I remember it was going to cost a bunch for one I was going to apply for years ago and I didn't bother.

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.