Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard Bank?

tag
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Orchard Bank?

Cory wrote:
Yes they do, a lot of these Credit Card Companies do that.

Has anyone dealt with Applied Card Bank? the monthly maintanance fee is nutts! I have that card and I'm using money that I should saving to pay them off. $10.95 account maintanance fee. So, in a year you have given them $130.00.

Cory Lee

STAY AWAY.
Message 31 of 51
Cory
Established Contributor

I will. How do I quote your message? maybe I don't have the option.

Cory
Message 32 of 51
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Cory wrote:

Cory

After hitting reply... you should see a little white box with quotes to the
left of the smiley face.
Message 33 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cory wrote:

Cory

Hit "reply"  Then look in the toolbar just above.  Click on the white balloon with " (next to smileyface).

I believe Applied even charges you a fee if you request a CLI, and they encourage you to do so.
Message 34 of 51
Cory
Established Contributor

Tuscani wrote:

Cory wrote:

Cory

After hitting reply... you should see a little white box with quotes to the
left of the smiley face.
Thank You. Look like it worked

Message 35 of 51
Cory
Established Contributor

masdeocho wrote:

Cory wrote:

Cory
Thank you very much!

Hit "reply"  Then look in the toolbar just above.  Click on the white balloon with " (next to smileyface).

I believe Applied even charges you a fee if you request a CLI, and they encourage you to do so.

Message 36 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's the trick. I've gotten a few much better cards since getting the Orchard and called today to cancel. There was no hesitation on their end, it was obviously routine and scripted. It went like this:

I said I wanted to cancel.
They said "really?"
I said "yeah, really."

They patched me immediately to an "account manager" who bumped my limit on the spot. So....if you have an Orchard card.....try this. It was unbelievably easy. I'll probably still cancel before the AF is due again, but it's not costing me anything to keep it now and it's a good TL.

Message Edited by devhip on 05-25-2007 01:56 PM
Message 37 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Here's the trick. I've gotten a few much better cards since getting the Orchard and called today to cancel. There was no hesitation on their end, it was obviously routine and scripted. It went like this:

I said I wanted to cancel.
They said "really?"
I said "yeah, really."

They patched me immediately to an "account manager" who bumped my limit on the spot. So....if you have an Orchard card.....try this. It was unbelievably easy. I'll probably still cancel before the AF is due again, but it's not costing me anything to keep it now and it's a good TL.

Message Edited by devhip on 05-25-2007 01:56 PM

A classic example of customer retention in action.

As soon as my $1000 CLI from BofA hits my files, and my new $750 CC as well, I'm going to try this tactic with my $300 CL, $69 AF Orchard card.
Message 38 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to agree with the positive comments about Orchard Bank. But I will disagree about the First Premier card. That was my very first ever credit card. I had no credit and YES their fees were ghastly, at first that is. I have now had it for two years and it's paid off. I continue to pay a annual fee and maintenance fee. When u can't get credit anywhere else u do make some choices no one else would. Just pay your bills on time and monitor your limits the rest will follow.
Message 39 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cory,
Yes I had the applied Card Bank and they were horrible! I never even used the card and they were charging a 10.95 maintanance fee! That's rediculous! What are the doing maintanance on? It's a total rip off! I suggest you try and get another credit card and close the Applied Card like pronto!. Start with capital one.
Message 40 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.