Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard Bank?

tag
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Re: Orchard Bank?

Thanks I haven't done any serious shopping around yet,   I was just going to try and wait out my credit report and score and try again with BoA secured.  
Message 11 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could try for a Hooter's Mastercard. I think they are HSBC, but they seem to give higher credit limits than Orchard and are fairly easy to get.  I think they approve with high 5's low 6's and no collections on the report.  Annual fee is not too outrageous. 
Message 12 of 51
mamabear
New Contributor

Have we answered the question yet?  Does the limit matter as long as you have low utilization?  $30 of a $300 limit versus $300 of a $3000 limit?
Message 13 of 51
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

mamabear wrote:
Have we answered the question yet?  Does the limit matter as long as you have low utilization?  $30 of a $300 limit versus $300 of a $3000 limit?

Nope

Message Edited by Tuscani on 05-09-2007 03:16 PM
Message 14 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Boswd wrote:
They're affiliated with HSBC right?     I had a Merchant's Bank MC that got charged off and sent to collections that I just recently paid off, but I know that HSBC bought out Merchants Bank some time ago,   I wonder if that would have any affect on me trying to get a secured CC with Orchard.  I have heard good things about them.

I had a Merchant's card that turned into a collection about 5 years ago. Same scenario, and I got approved for the Orchard.

dazednconfused wrote:
You could try for a Hooter's Mastercard. I think they are HSBC, but they seem to give higher credit limits than Orchard and are fairly easy to get.  I think they approve with high 5's low 6's and no collections on the report.  Annual fee is not too outrageous. 

Funny you mention that. I pulled up the database often mentioned here that details scores, CRA pulled and other info to research my revolving next TL. Based on my wimpy 633 TU score Hooters was by far the best choice. I have a hard time believing they approve someone hovering right at 600 up to $5K, but there seems to be many documented cases of that happening, even with CO's and unpaid collections. I applied, awaiting the dreaded manual review.  

Message Edited by devhip on 05-09-2007 01:17 PM
Message 15 of 51
Boswd
Valued Contributor

devhip wrote : I had a Merchant's card that turned into a collection about 5 years ago. Same scenario, and I got approved for the Orchard. Did they send your's to Wolpoff and Abramson? And don't you just love all the different names they use on the credit report, Merchant's Bank, Metris companies. HSBC. lol
Message 16 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have checked my credit status on various places that use the 3 different bureaus.  What I got from it is it cancels each other out. Under reasons why your score is what it is under bad I got you have low credit limits but under good it says your percentage of credit available compared to your limits is high.  I will say I have all three cards listed by previous posters and although my score stayed around 680 for months as of today its 725 despite neither raising my limit in months and having a chapter 13 still on my report
Message 17 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, "assignee of Metris" etc. I used to feel like Rick Moranis in Ghostbusters, chasing these old accounts around.  I got them removed but it wasn't easy.
Message 18 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks steel, that's the answer I was looking for. Guess I'll keep the Orchard and use it to finance an occassional sandwich.
Message 19 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Devhip:
You are correct the same formula applies no matter the limit. However, the bad thing is the fees associated with the s/p card that is bad. Good luck!
Message 20 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.