cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered AT&T internet DSL, score dropped 13pts.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ordered AT&T internet DSL, score dropped 13pts.

I ordered DSL service through AT&T. I already have a Cingular cell phone, so I received an offer in the mail for month-to-month DSL service w/AT&T, can cancel anytime w/no penalty.  I signed up and they did an inquiry that dropped my score 13 points!  Can they do this if it's not a long-term contract like a 2-year cell phone agreement?  There was nothing on the pamphlet about an inquiry, nor was anything said over the phone (that I remember) about them pulling my credit.  Couldn't they have done a soft pull that wouldn't have affected my score?  Any help or info would be appreciated!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Ordered AT&T internet DSL, score dropped 13pts.

mom0718 wrote:
I ordered DSL service through AT&T. I already have a Cingular cell phone, so I received an offer in the mail for month-to-month DSL service w/AT&T, can cancel anytime w/no penalty.  I signed up and they did an inquiry that dropped my score 13 points!  Can they do this if it's not a long-term contract like a 2-year cell phone agreement?  There was nothing on the pamphlet about an inquiry, nor was anything said over the phone (that I remember) about them pulling my credit.  Couldn't they have done a soft pull that wouldn't have affected my score?  Any help or info would be appreciated!

Can I please start my Cingular/AT&T rant again?  Pretty please?  Smiley Very Happy

They have PP so to do, they don't like soft inqs and they should be consigned to the lower reaches of hell.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They hardpulled me 4 times, 2 ex, 1 eq, and 1 tu for plain old cellphone service.
I got all of the inquiries removed by disputing in writing.
Maybe unethical because technically i did authorize 1 pull... but come on! 4?  That is excessive.
I didn't even have a deposit.  That is the funny part.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I miss those Cingular rants-
Did that finally drop off?

@MidnightVoice wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I ordered DSL service through AT&T. I already have a Cingular cell phone, so I received an offer in the mail for month-to-month DSL service w/AT&T, can cancel anytime w/no penalty. I signed up and they did an inquiry that dropped my score 13 points! Can they do this if it's not a long-term contract like a 2-year cell phone agreement? There was nothing on the pamphlet about an inquiry, nor was anything said over the phone (that I remember) about them pulling my credit. Couldn't they have done a soft pull that wouldn't have affected my score? Any help or info would be appreciated!

Can I please start my Cingular/AT&T rant again? Pretty please? Smiley Very Happy
They have PP so to do, they don't like soft inqs and they should be consigned to the lower reaches of hell.

Message 4 of 6
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Timothy wrote:
I miss those Cingular rants-
Did that finally drop off?

September 12th 2007  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

they PP for non prepaid cell phone service, because you are billed a month behind.

Because DSL bill isn't affected by how much you use it, your billed a month ahead.
So if you don't pay the bill they just turn off dsl. risk of loss is elimiated, there is no need to pull creditfor DSL
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.