cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered my first 'real', myFICO scores today....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ordered my first 'real', myFICO scores today....

Added them to my signature line.  Nothing to be proud of but am well on the road to recovery.   All settlements and lates done and over with 6 months ago.   New, small, starter accounts acquired in the last 3 months.   Simulator says I can get back up into the 700s as long as I keep making payments on time over the next 24 months. 

I disputed some errors and over all I'm satisfied with this service and it's ease of use.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ordered my first 'real', myFICO scores today....

I should also add that the cards I have now have very low limits so a few hundred dollars puts me over 50% usage on them.   The simulator said I could gain 20 to 50 points simply by paying the balances off on my 3 small cards over the next 12 months.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do not keep balances on the cards. You probably have a very high apr. Also only let a total of 1-9% of your total cl report as a balance. Then pay in full. Also only let no more than half of your cards report a balance.
Message 3 of 5
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

cardkeeper1 wrote:
   Added them to my signature line.  Nothing to be proud of but ....

You should be proud you are arming yourself with info and taking control.  Congrats.
050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 4 of 5
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Agree with cowpaddi. HTSU states this much better than I, but here goes...What the simulator means is get the uti down and keep it down over the 12 month period and you should achieve that score. You don't want to keep your balances that high or carry a balance and pay finance charges. You should also try the 1 month and 3 month options on the sim to see what it says.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.