Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original Creditor disguised as CA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Original Creditor disguised as CA?

I have a debt with A&T that was due in February and was not able to pay it until last week. I received a letter from a collection agency but the letter stated that when I send in my payment make the check payable to AT&T.  Instead of sending the check to the CA I sent the check directly to ATT and it has already cleared my bank account.

I spoke with the CA, and prior to informing them that ATT had settled my account, they said that they had reported this on my credit already and that I needed to pay the balance today. I then told them that I had paid ATT and they wanted the check number that I used to pay on the account. They said they would remove it from from credit since I paid it last week. Did they really even report it if they were so quick to say they would remove it? I didn't have the check number that I used to pay on the account with me so she said she would call tomorrow to get the info. Should I even give the CA that info if ATT has settled my account?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Original Creditor disguised as CA?

DV the CA-

Dispute paid to OC prior to Collections

If the call again, tell them you dispute the debt and to communicate with you in writing,
Message 2 of 3
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Original Creditor disguised as CA?

"Did they really even report it if they were so quick to say they would remove it? "

Did you check your reports??  If they say they reported it...it will be there, although not necessarily on all 3.
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.