Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Originally posted 2-10- 2007, looking for some closure

tag
williamd1972
Contributor

Originally posted 2-10- 2007, looking for some closure

Over the past 18 months I have rised my credit scores upwards of 100 points  But something weird happen this week, I checked my Trans Union score and discovered my score had dropped from 737 to 696.  All I did was write a goodwill later to Chase asking to have 7 or 8 late payments from 2001-2002, removed from the 3 CRA's.  A few weeks later chase sent me a letter stating that my negative information had been deleted. So, I wrote the the 3 CRA's a letter asking to have my information deleted, they complied.   But to my utter shock  Trans Union drops my score 41 points. Can someone explain what happen.
Update: As of 4/2009 TU 710
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Originally posted 2-10- 2007, looking for some closure

I know this is 2 years too late....but I bet deleting that account affected the age of your credit

thus it dropped your score.

Message 2 of 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Originally posted 2-10- 2007, looking for some closure

OP, to confirm, Chase was completely removed? If so, like prev. poster said, you would have wiped out positive history and your AAoA could have changed for the worse if this was helping it.

Avoid sending GW approvals to the CRAs. They'll and Chase will read it like a dispute and may opt to delete instead. Don't know your exact time frame, but Chase has also been known to delete after receiving a GW.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.