Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Other people credit info showing up on mine

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Other people credit info showing up on mine

My older brother and I have social security numbers that are different by one number.  I just pulled my three reports and on my Experian report his address, student loans, and credit cards show up.  Do I just get in touch with Experian and notify them that this is happening?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Other people credit info showing up on mine

Yes, they should have to clean up the report. If they refuse, do a debt validation letter to the creditors on your report that you don't actually have an account with and when they respond with a letter that you are not a credit customer send that to Experian.

Goodluck

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help...what about disputing collections on accounts that I was never notified were late and after four years I was finally notified by the collection agency?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would try validating them, and if validated I would write PFD letters (if you have not yet paid) stating you were not notified you owed money until 4 years later, you wish to correct the oversight but do not want your credit to continue to be impacted by a lack of notification 4 years ago etc.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

What do you mean by validating them?  I paid them once I received the notice from the collection agency
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.