Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over 10 yr. collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Over 10 yr. collection

I received a phone call from a company trying to collect on a charged off account, that at a later date was paid. He said that the charge off occured back in 1996 and several companies have sold the information over the years trying to collect. What disturbs me even more is when he told me that he has been pulling my credit and that he and other businesses could w/o my authorization. What are my rights here???? He is asking if he can send me a letter for dispute to my address and digging for current information. What should I do???
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Over 10 yr. collection

Brian466 wrote:
I received a phone call from a company trying to collect on a charged off account, that at a later date was paid. He said that the charge off occured back in 1996 and several companies have sold the information over the years trying to collect. What disturbs me even more is when he told me that he has been pulling my credit and that he and other businesses could w/o my authorization. What are my rights here???? He is asking if he can send me a letter for dispute to my address and digging for current information. What should I do???

Begin with these threads.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Over 10 yr. collection

@Anonymous wrote:

He does not have PP for a paid account out of SOL.
Don't talk to these people on the phone!!!

FOAD letter/ITS
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.