Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over Limit on CCs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Over Limit on CCs

If you go over your limit, say even by 2 or 3 dollars, will this haunt you?

I have not done this, just a curious question.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Re: Over Limit on CCs

I don't think it will haunt like a late payment,  You'll just get penelized by the ccc with an over the limit fee, but if you pay back everything within the billing cycle you should be ok.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will be reflected on your CRAs in the highest balance field, but once uti is back within reason I don't believe your in trouble with the FICO model... Platinum CCs may increase APR as a result of Uni-default, so watch out.

Rob
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

jaguls66 wrote:

Actually it depends.  Besides the over the limit fee, the CCC will report the high balance on your credit reports.  Trust me.....I knowSmiley Sad
So I have a couple sitting there on my credit report looking less than appetizing.  CL $5500 High Balance $5986.....YUCK!  I'm not sure how lenders view it though.  Point is, it'll be there.
Message 4 of 12
fused
Moderator Emeritus

jaguls66 wrote:

Yes, if the CCC reports it.  Over the limit is worse than maxed out.
Message 5 of 12
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

It only hurts you for that month though (assuming you are back under your CL now).
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

not over the limit, just curious. So it seems, it would only hurt for the month the CC was reported, unless it was paid below the limit by the time the CC reports? Thanks for indulging my curiosity.
Message 7 of 12
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

jaguls66 wrote:
not over the limit, just curious. So it seems, it would only hurt for the month the CC was reported, unless it was paid below the limit by the time the CC reports? Thanks for indulging my curiosity.

Exactly.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

That happend to me with hsbc. They put me over with the annual fee. I was so pissed. I called asked the to remove the fees they did. I asked them to increase my line so my CR didn't show me 27.00 over my CL and they said they would but they would have to review my account(hard pull) I refused and zeroed the account. Now they have been sending 0% checks etc. but no CLI.  I will wait till they review on their own and see what happens then.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

i would try a cli to get above the high balance...i think this would be particularly helpful during a manual review.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.