Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overlimit Fee on Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Overlimit Fee on Amex

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows if I will be charged an overlimit fee by Amex (Delta SkyMiles card) for being over the limit by .36 cents?  Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Overlimit Fee on Amex

Since it is an automated process according to your CL IMO I would say yes. I also think a call into AMEX CSR pending it is not something that is commonly done and your account is always in good standing would have them reverse the charges.

A side note make sure if you make a minimum payment that it would cover any interest charges, the minimum payment, and the over credit limit fee's, if not by only paying the minimum payment and not covering the interest and penalty payment you would risk the possibility of being over your credit limit again.  

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks JM-AM

Message 3 of 4
jason10
New Contributor

Unless you were contacted and agreed to pay an overlimit fee, there probably is no fee. The Card Act, effective Feb 2011, prohibits credit card companies from charing an overlimit fee unless you approve of such a fee beforehand. I just received a new AMEX card and read the cardholder agreement last night. The agreement clearly states that there is no overlimit fee.

See CFPB reviews Credit CARD Act.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.