Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PENFED NG2 FICO SCORE NEW

tag
Bowzer
Frequent Contributor

PENFED NG2 FICO SCORE NEW

Has PenFed always provided a monthly fico score?

Maybe I'm i little behind but logged into my account today and had a option "new to penfed" fico avaiable. Clicked on icon and it provides your free fico score for next gen 2 score that they use in credit decisions. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PENFED NG2 FICO SCORE NEW

@Bowzer wrote:

Maybe I'm i little behind but logged into my account today and had a option "new to penfed" fico avaiable. Clicked on icon and it provides your free fico score for next gen 2 score that they use in credit decisions. 

Yeah they given that score for several years.  It's not 'new' for them in any way.

Message 2 of 15
core
Valued Contributor

It's been there for a long while.  There's a huge delay between the pull and when they display it.  But they don't pull it monthly.  They kinda pull it whenever they feel like it, and they sure don't feel like it very often.  I think mine still says September.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bowzer wrote:

They have always provided it but mine updates every 3 months though not monthly.  I don't know if it is different for other people.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@core wrote:

It's been there for a long while.  There's a huge delay between the pull and when they display it.  But they don't pull it monthly.  They kinda pull it whenever they feel like it, and they sure don't feel like it very often.  I think mine still says September.

Shows how inconsistent they are with giving out the score.  Mine was updated in December.

Message 5 of 15
Bowzer
Frequent Contributor

My accounts are three months old now and this is the first time it has popped up for me, it is showing my score for 12-1-15. Its nice to know they provide the ng2 fico, be better if they updated every month. Dang, i thought i was special......
Message 6 of 15
core
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@core wrote:

Shows how inconsistent they are with giving out the score.  Mine was updated in December.

You're right, mine now says 12/01 as well.  But it wasn't there on Dec 10th when I checked last.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@core wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@core wrote:

You're right, mine now says 12/01 as well.  But it wasn't there on Dec 10th when I checked last.

Isn't Penfed the one that does quarterly prequal lists? It would make sense that they pull quarterly (Sept for Oct offers, Ded for Jan offers, etc.) 

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened my account in Oct and this is the first time it's appeared for me. When I applied, it was 654 (per an Egyptian denial) and now it's 691. Hoping I can get a cc from them later this year!
Message 9 of 15
ddemari
Super Contributor

They give it every 3 months but its always a month behind. Mine says 12/1/15 also. 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.