Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Frequent Contributor

PENFED NG2 FICO SCORE NEW

Has PenFed always provided a monthly fico score?

Maybe I'm i little behind but logged into my account today and had a option "new to penfed" fico avaiable. Clicked on icon and it provides your free fico score for next gen 2 score that they use in credit decisions. 

Re: PENFED NG2 FICO SCORE NEW

[ Edited ]

Bowzer wrote:

Maybe I'm i little behind but logged into my account today and had a option "new to penfed" fico avaiable. Clicked on icon and it provides your free fico score for next gen 2 score that they use in credit decisions. 

Yeah they given that score for several years.  It's not 'new' for them in any way.

A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope
Valued Contributor

It's been there for a long while.  There's a huge delay between the pull and when they display it.  But they don't pull it monthly.  They kinda pull it whenever they feel like it, and they sure don't feel like it very often.  I think mine still says September.

EQ08 BE: 746 | TU08: 766 | EX08: 727
Chase Ink [21.5k], Citi DC [20k], Alliant [15k], GICU [15k], QS1 [14.7k], Amex OBC [10k], Sportsman's Guide [9.4k], Blispay [7.5k], PenFed [6.5k], Chase Amazon [6.5k], Discover it [5.2k], Citi TYP [5.2k], Chase Freedom [5k], Fidelity Amex [5k], Consumers CU [5k], Wyndham [5k], Synch/Amazon [5k], Synch/Paypal [5k], Elan [4.5k], Ft.Knox [2.5k], BofA BBR [2k], Victoria's [1.7k], BofA 123 [500!]
Community Leader
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bowzer wrote:

They have always provided it but mine updates every 3 months though not monthly.  I don't know if it is different for other people.

"Sometimes, justice has to be served by devious means"-

core wrote:

It's been there for a long while.  There's a huge delay between the pull and when they display it.  But they don't pull it monthly.  They kinda pull it whenever they feel like it, and they sure don't feel like it very often.  I think mine still says September.

Shows how inconsistent they are with giving out the score.  Mine was updated in December.

A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope
Frequent Contributor

My accounts are three months old now and this is the first time it has popped up for me, it is showing my score for 12-1-15. Its nice to know they provide the ng2 fico, be better if they updated every month. Dang, i thought i was special......
Valued Contributor

Irish80 wrote:

core wrote:

Shows how inconsistent they are with giving out the score.  Mine was updated in December.

You're right, mine now says 12/01 as well.  But it wasn't there on Dec 10th when I checked last.

EQ08 BE: 746 | TU08: 766 | EX08: 727
Chase Ink [21.5k], Citi DC [20k], Alliant [15k], GICU [15k], QS1 [14.7k], Amex OBC [10k], Sportsman's Guide [9.4k], Blispay [7.5k], PenFed [6.5k], Chase Amazon [6.5k], Discover it [5.2k], Citi TYP [5.2k], Chase Freedom [5k], Fidelity Amex [5k], Consumers CU [5k], Wyndham [5k], Synch/Amazon [5k], Synch/Paypal [5k], Elan [4.5k], Ft.Knox [2.5k], BofA BBR [2k], Victoria's [1.7k], BofA 123 [500!]
Valued Contributor

core wrote:

Irish80 wrote:

core wrote:

You're right, mine now says 12/01 as well.  But it wasn't there on Dec 10th when I checked last.

Isn't Penfed the one that does quarterly prequal lists? It would make sense that they pull quarterly (Sept for Oct offers, Ded for Jan offers, etc.) 

Starting Score: 768/769/767 7/1/15 (But really started at 687/708/668 3/10/15)
Score 3/19/16:
756/765/766 (High score: 789/797/797 11/7/15)
Valued Contributor

I opened my account in Oct and this is the first time it's appeared for me. When I applied, it was 654 (per an Egyptian denial) and now it's 691. Hoping I can get a cc from them later this year!
Community Leader
Super Contributor

They give it every 3 months but its always a month behind. Mine says 12/1/15 also. 

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.