Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PENFED

tag
bsal
Frequent Contributor

PENFED

Hey guys I have a PenFed account and all Penfed members are able to see their credit report so I checked mine and Penfed is they are using Score Ng2 meaning Next Generation 2. My question is how is PenFed score (Ng2) differant from what MyFico uses as its scores very interested to know

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: PENFED

+1 -- Don't overlook the Understanding FICO Scoring subforum and its stickies.

@bsal wrote:

Hey guys I have a PenFed account and all Penfed members are able to see their credit report 

Don't conflate report and score.  PenFed provides a score, not a report.

@bsal wrote:

My question is how is PenFed score (Ng2) differant from what MyFico uses as its scores very interested to know

It's a different model.  We don't have the details for each of the FICO models.  Youl always have to consider the specific model when referring to scores and cannot use a score generated by one model to determine a score generated by another model.  Consider relevance of a given model & CRA to a given creditor.  NG2 is relevant to creditors and products that use it.  It is not relevant to those that do not.  The same applies for any model.

Message 3 of 4
bsal
Frequent Contributor

Re: PENFED

Right
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.