Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD Against the Law?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD Against the Law?

I live in N.H. and this debt is a CC from Service Credit Union. This account is 6... almost 7 years old but i want it to go away to buy a home lol. I offered to pay for delete and they said it was against the law for a creditor to delete from CRA. This was a secured credit card $5000 limit and $1700 balance it is closed and deliquent. She offered me to settle for less possibly around $700 BUT only for a paid in full on my CR not a delete.

If it is in fact NOT against the law is there something i can reference to go back to them with for some leverage?

What do you all think about this mess he he he.

Thanks alot in advance to everyone who is sooo helpfull on this website.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: PFD Against the Law?

@Anonymous wrote:

I live in N.H. and this debt is a CC from Service Credit Union. This account is 6... almost 7 years old but i want it to go away to buy a home lol. I offered to pay for delete and they said it was against the law for a creditor to delete from CRA. This was a secured credit card $5000 limit and $1700 balance it is closed and deliquent. She offered me to settle for less possibly around $700 BUT only for a paid in full on my CR not a delete.

If it is in fact NOT against the law is there something i can reference to go back to them with for some leverage?

What do you all think about this mess he he he.

Thanks alot in advance to everyone who is sooo helpfull on this website.

I got the same line when I asked on the phone for a GW on a 30 day. I posted the same question here, and the best answer I got was, it is illegal to post false information on a credit report. It is NOT illegal to remove items as a goodwill gesture by a business to a customer.

So it would be illegal for them to report that you had four unpaid collections, for instance, but it is not illegal for them to no longer report the debt. That is a business decision. (FICO vets--please comment if I got this right! I'm practicing my lines for my own GW's.)

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 10-03-2007 04:23 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD Against the Law?

Excellent point you bring up hauling. I'm very curious also, as I'm working on PFD's right now myself. This would be good to know when dealing with the CA's.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.