Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD Cooperation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD Cooperation

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you ever heard of a company agreeing to a PFD and then not following thru after payment? 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately, I am dealing with that now.  I had a Capital One cc that went to one of their collection agencies.  I made an agreement with someone over the phone (Big Mistake #1) to have the item deleted after it was paid off, but I didn't record the calls (Big Mistake #2).  I am fighting with them and the CRA to get the item removed as was agreed.  I'm not sure what the outcome will be.  They have removed some of the lates, but I want the whole thing gone as they agreed...

Message Edited by ACRinSD on 04-23-2008 06:58 PM
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD Cooperation

ACR, Cap1 did the same thing to my husband. Was the company AllianceOne? This happened to us in 2006... the rep, Nick, told us if we settled it would only reflect "paid charge off" but if we PIF, he would delete the account entirely.
I didn't know any better back then... I've informed Cap1 since then and all they can say is they will reprimand the CA. But I've heard of others this has happened with - sounds more like it's an unwritten policy to get chumps to pay up than a rogue debt collector who can be "dealt with."
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.