Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD Failure

tag
LittleCat
Contributor

PFD Failure

I have sent several PFD letters to a collection agency for a $120 medical bill. They continue to refuse to delete it if I pay it.

My question, when do you just say 'enough' and pay it so it at least is listed as $0/paid on your credit report??
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD Failure

LittleCat wrote:
I have sent several PFD letters to a collection agency for a $120 medical bill. They continue to refuse to delete it if I pay it.

My question, when do you just say 'enough' and pay it so it at least is listed as $0/paid on your credit report??

Hi little, when are these from?  are any from a hospital bill?  What is your SOL? Is the CA licensed,registered,or bonded (if required by your state)?  Did you send a DV before the PFD?
What is the DOFD or DOLA?  Is this 1 bill or more? Who owns the debt?

Sorry for all the ?? but it matters.

Some states have no SOL on hospital bills but they do for other medical bills.
Message 2 of 6
LittleCat
Contributor

It is a medical bill for an office visit. It has been validated, it is about 1 year old.
Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Some folks here are more knowledgeable than I, but CAs, with regards to medical collections, have to follow a more rigid process and have more rules than a normal collections. HIPAA is a big player in that. Someone else on this forum also wrote to the OC and had the CA deleted in that manner. Search around and you'll find more info. As per the PFDs, depending on the size of the CA, you could always send the PFD to someone like the Pres. or CEO of the CA, or a higher up, versus some mailroom employee who doesn't care.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

DOFD on a Dr. visit is the date of the visit. Call the Dr. office and ask if they assigned or sold the account.  If they still own it see if you can PFD...If you can get it in writting!!! 
Message 5 of 6
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Yup definitely stop dealing with the CA as I bet you the OC owns it still.  Offer a settlement (or PIF) for a PFD.  They will grab it.  HIPAA is on your side though if the DOFD was last year.

Message Edited by SmartCookie on 12-19-2007 03:27 PM
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.