Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD Medical Bills??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD Medical Bills??

I just have a quick question. I have a medical bill that is past due (with ca) for $250. I have been meaning to pay this bill but something has always came up... now that I have finally faced my fear of my personal finances and actually have taken an interest in the credit scoring process, I realize how devastating just ignoring bills can be! Smiley Sad I just want to pay the bill and get it over with, but should I first PFD the CA? I am doing this with 2 other of my husband's (cc) accounts, but can you do this with medical bills? If anyone has any thoughts, they would be appreciated.

Also I am reading "Your Credit Score: How to Fix, Improve, and Protect the 3-Digit Number that Shapes Your Financial Future " By Liz Pulliam Weston. I recommend this book to everyone. Smiley Very Happy
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD Medical Bills??

Google whychat hipaa for a good way to handle med collections.  My med OC turned down a PFD in FUll (they are nuts!)
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks I went to the website - there is some great info. I copied a few letters and I will investigate the best way to attack this. But I have one more question, The CA is listed as "171yc00000" ? Is there a listing somewhere that I can find what that means. Maybe it will take me less time to find the bill. Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pull a report directly from the CRA to get the name and address-

If you have not pulled annualcreditreport.com this is the cheap way to get the information.

new-n-2008 wrote:
Thanks I went to the website - there is some great info. I copied a few letters and I will investigate the best way to attack this. But I have one more question, The CA is listed as "171yc00000" ? Is there a listing somewhere that I can find what that means. Maybe it will take me less time to find the bill. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.