Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD, OC or CA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD, OC or CA?

I have 2 accounts listed on the collections section of my CR. I want to have them both removed. They are both related to an old utility bill. It shows up on EX and EQ like this:

Creditor Name         CBCS
Account No:             XXXXXXXXX
Original Creditor      Duke Energy
Responsibility          Individual
Condition                 Derogatory
Original balance      240
Balance                   240
Date Opened           09/2005
Date Reported         06/21/2006

Then it shows up an TU like this:

Creditor Name         DR/ Bond Coll
Account No:             XXXXXXXXX
Original Creditor      Duke Energy
Responsibility          Individual
Condition                 Derogatory
Original balance      240
Balance                   240
Date Opened           05/10/2004
Date Reported         03/23/2005

Who do I send the PFD letter to. The OC which was the utility company or the CA?  It appears the CA on TU had it first, then it was sent to the next CA which reports to EX and EQ. How do I ensure it is removed from all 3 CRA?

Thanks
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PFD, OC or CA?

Is this debt yours?
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it is mine. I lived in an apartment and moved. I thought I paid the final bill. I didn't even know it existed until I found it on my CR when I started this rebuilding a few months ago.
Message 3 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

RFoster130 wrote:
Yes it is mine. I lived in an apartment and moved. I thought I paid the final bill. I didn't even know it existed until I found it on my CR when I started this rebuilding a few months ago.

You should PFD the CA.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is where I am confused. Since it shows as being with 2 CA's, which one do I contact. If I contact the newer one, how does the older one get deleted. I would think that the CA I make the PFD agreement with will delete from  EX and EQ since that is who they report to. The acconut listed on TU would still be there.....how do i get all of it cleaned up. This is confusing.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump
Message 6 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

RFoster130 wrote:
That is where I am confused. Since it shows as being with 2 CA's, which one do I contact. If I contact the newer one, how does the older one get deleted. I would think that the CA I make the PFD agreement with will delete from  EX and EQ since that is who they report to. The acconut listed on TU would still be there.....how do i get all of it cleaned up. This is confusing.

Keep in mind that TU tends to be the slowest to update amongst the three CRAs, maybe that is why it's not reporting. Maybe the new CA might never show on TU. Nobody knows for sure. If it were me, I would try an PFD with the new CA reporting on EQ and EX and dispute the old CA on TU as not mine. I say this because you know you owe nothing to the old CA.

Message Edited by fused111 on 08-10-2007 06:57 PM
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like a good plan. Thanks a lot.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, so I was preparing to do a PFD and found out that CBCS is notorious for refusing to PFD. On CB there are many complaints of a ton of their violations and total disregard for the law. How should I proceed? DV them or send them a letter about finding  their unknown debt on my CR.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.