Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD Questions HELP HELP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD Questions HELP HELP

Ok, so I have four accounts that are charge off status.  I've contacted all the OC and was told they sold the accounts to collection agencies and told me I needed to talk to CA.  On all my credit reports only the OC is listed, no collection agencies are listed.  I've contacted the CA companies that have the accounts and they stated they do not have the power to delete the accounts because they are not listing them on my credit reports.  I agian called the OC to see if they would accept payments and all four told me no, I'd have to deal with the CA.  Ok, my question is since the CA is not listing the accounts on my credit reports can they not delete the account even though they are trying to collect on it?  All the accounts are at least least three years old.  Any suggestions?    
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD Questions HELP HELP

Do you have the money to send in to the OC at one time? If so, this is what I would do. Send them a check and let them cash it. Then after that point, if the CA lists the debt on your CA you can dispute it and have it deleted as there is no debt. Stop calling. By doing so, you may be shooting yourself in the foot. They not have noticed that the accounts were not reporting. Now they know.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No phone calls. If you PIF to OC...in memo....write acc # and paid in full.

If after check is cashed  keep checking CR....if CA appears  DV them  and dispute with CRAs

OC should report to CRA  as paid (it might still show derog)  If in 60 days it doesn't show paid...dispute CRA as in accurate.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well i was sending letters but I'm kind of on a tight time line and need to get this taken care of really fast.  Believe me I would much rather just handle this via mail but its taking way to long.  I wish I had the funds to pay them all in full but right now payments are all I can afford.  When I talked to the OC they all said if I send them any money at all they would only forward it to the CA. Do you think they were just saying that?  Can a CA delete a collection if they are not even listing it?  Should I try for a GW to the OC after I paid off the accounts?      
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was in a situation like this with a student loan. My loan went to a collection agency, but was not sold to it. The school said to make the payments to the CA - which in turn doubled the amount due.

I thought I was being ripped off. So, I mailed my payments to the usual payment address. Mind you, I did not know if the collection was on my CR. I didn't know about this stuff until much later.

Approx. 1 year, I checked my CR and the collection was listed. I called the CA and told them this was paid to the OC and they told me to dispute with the CB'S and they would not verify.

I did and the collection was deleted, along with the OC account.

I made payments by the way.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.