Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD Response

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD Response

Ok, I sent out a PFD letter a few weeks ago, to WFNN for a Beall's store card from years ago. It was supposed to be on our CH 13 that was dismissed in January of 2001.

That being said, I got this reponse in the mail today.

" In regards to this account, it is not delinquint and should not be shown as such. It was part of the bankruptcy in 2000. If we can further assist you please call XXXXX"

What the ???? 

Is this supposed to mean I can send this letter to the CRA and they will delete it off the CR? I am so lost now, that was worse than no answer at all, I think....Smiley Mad
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: PFD Response

Someone order an extra helping of vague?  Smiley Tongue

Sounds to me like they are either going to update it or (hopefully but less of a chance) delete it.  That is something they will do to the CRAs and you don't need to send anything or take any more action at this moment, just retain the letter.

I am curious though as to why you had sent a PFD.

Check your reports in the near future to see if they removed them.  If they updated them, you can send a GW letter even though it was a bankruptcy discharge, they can delete if they choose.  They just can't update it to anything inaccurately positive.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok just checked CR and it is only listed on EX.

It shows: revolving charged acct - closed -
09/01/01997
Bal. $0
Terms: Revolving
High Bal: $690.00

Then says: Debt included in or discharged through Bank. Ch 13 Credit Line Closed Grantor, request reported by subscriber

WT??? If it is already off of TU and EQ, can I just ask EX to remove it?

Message 3 of 8
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

raisingmyscore wrote:
ok just checked CR and it is only listed on EX.

It shows: revolving charged acct - closed -
09/01/01997
Bal. $0
Terms: Revolving
High Bal: $690.00

Then says: Debt included in or discharged through Bank. Ch 13 Credit Line Closed Grantor, request reported by subscriber

WT??? If it is already off of TU and EQ, can I just ask EX to remove it?

Ok it appears that you got 2 removals and this one is updated, correct? Hopefully the removals will stick as I am not sure why they left just this one.  Now, accounts included in bankruptcy remain seven years from the date they were reported as included in the bankruptcy.  Before you proceed to GW, is this TL past the SOL?
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes SOL was up this past September, that is why I was watching it so closely.

I thought it would just fall off but when it didn't I offered to pay up but they say I am not delinquent and did not offer to accept my payment.

I may have jumped the gun by not allowing more time for it to fall off on its own. Will this hurt me now?

Ughhh sometimes this gets so daunting, but alas I have no one to blame but myself Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 8
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Oooooooh.  Yeah you could have just disputed all 3 from the get go, they are past the reporting SOL.  Dispute that and any other similar enteries as they are too old to report.  Possibly this is why the other CBRs did not re-enter them and it was not the OC that deleted them.

No, this will not hurt you.  They should not even be on there.  Dispute online.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much. This forum has been a real godsend for me. I truly appreciate all the help and advice.

Message 7 of 8
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Happy to help and you're welcome.  Hope you see a few nice points soon!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.