Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD SUCCESS!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD SUCCESS!!!!

Good to know. I am going to try again with ERS and Collection Agency of America.
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Badcreditguy wrote:
Yeah I just send the PFD letter from the forum. They told me no 3 other times! The 4th time is the charm! They always said it was against company policy. I guess policies were made to be broken =)

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!!
I'm a broken record when it comes to letter writing-- If they say no, try,try,try,try,try again!
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've still got no response from Letter #4 to Fair Collections and Outsourcing.  I've been at this since March.  Letter #5 is going out this week CMRRR with fingers crossed.
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your success.

I am trying to clarify something about PFD-  Does the collection agency have the power to do the PFD or is it the original credit card company?

I settled a debt a while back with a collection agency (less than the full amount).

I would like to go back now and seek to settle the debt in full if it can be deleted from my credit report.

I am hesitant to begin dealing with these people again as they were extremeley corrupt about the first payment plan I worked out with them (they agreed to a payment plan of more than 50% of the debt in 3 installments if I agreed to wire the first payment the next day- then the next day they took that money and demanded full payment since I didn't have anything in writing from them).

For PFD, should one go back to the original credit card company or deal with the collection agency last dealt with?

Message 14 of 15
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Awesome!
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.