Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD Success and question

tag
LittleCat
Contributor

PFD Success and question

Before finding this forum I had no clue about things like PFD-so thanks!

I have a PFD medical collection success, I recieved a letter accepting my PFD from a CA, I immediatly paid it, they sent me a ncopy of the letter they sent the CRA"s to remove ALL information regarding the collection from my report, and even a follow up phone call making sure I got the letter and to let me know it takes a few weeks to be deleted. Needless to say I was amazed!

Anyway, this collection was only about 1 year old and I am curious what kind of score increase I can hope to get? Anyone have any idea?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Re: PFD Success and question

LC.............generally, the more recent the account, the more it will influence your score. Meaning, you should realize a nice increase. I say "should" because I have read posts where someone had a 6.75 year old collection account removed and they saw a 50-something point increase, where logic would have said they should have seen a small increase, if any.

Point being, no one truly understands FICO scoring.

Either way, congrats,. on your success.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.