Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD luck or experience

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD luck or experience

When looking for a PFD...is it better to contact the original creditor?  I am getting nothing from CAs but "we do not have the authority to delete a trade line"

Anybody have any success with PFD requests?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PFD luck or experience

PFD with whomever is reporting.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why not the orginal creditor.  Do you know if you have a account in collections and you go ahead and mail in a payment (to the orginal creditor without contact them or anything) and then call the collection agency and tell them that you paid the orginal creditor will they take the "collections account off your credit report" or will the orginal creditor return the payment to you. 

My experience has been that when contacting the orignial creditor they tell you to refer to the CA and the CA tend to be really nasty?....am I outsmarting the CA by fowarding my payment to the orginal creditor or is there a posibility that my payment will either come back returned with instructions to forward to a CA to check cashed but no credit to the account .

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone reply to this post as I have the same problem as well. Thanks
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applebee...
wow! why didnt i think of that LOL.  Have you done this and had success????

I accually had a lovely surprise when i just called a CA and asked for a PFD.  They said they are accually not reporting this account, just collecting.  That I should contact the OC.  This account is only showing on Equifax, so I wonder if its totally dying off...

Message 5 of 8
Cory
Established Contributor

I have not tried the letter yet. After reading the other post, I'll CC both the original Creditor and the Collections Agency.

Most Original Creditors refer you back to the collection agency. I guess it's some type of contract they have with each other.

Cory
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I contacted the OC directly and they took my payment and will pull it from collections.  In the past month I have been able to get 3 out of 3 collections items off my CR.  Just don't get dicouraged. Other than the collections I have 6 late payments that span out as far back as 2003 and just sent out some good will letters to try and get them off.  I am really excited about being able to get this done on my own.

Before you try sending the OC the payment call them and ask them if it's "been assisged" to a CA or "sold".
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also---Don't believe the CA.  They could care less as long as you pay them.  Get it in writting or even better try to make the payment directly to the OC that way you can dispute the collections account and since it is no longer a "valild account" it will fall right off.  Your argument will be truthful in that the payment was settled via the OC and don't fall under the grounds of a pay or unpaid collections account and it will come off your CR.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.