Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD medical collection question

tag
kball64
Frequent Contributor

PFD medical collection question

Hi. It's me again!  I got a phone call just now from the OC regarding a medical PFD letter I sent them.  She was calling to tell me that they can take my payment (it's only $30) but that they cannot remove it from my CR since it's been 2 years.  She said I could call the CA and pay them if I want to.  Should I try a PFD to the CA now? 
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD medical collection question

Call the OC and ask for a supervisor.  I've never heard of that one before..."they cannot remove it from my CR since it's been 2 years"....that's new to me...
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD medical collection question

If the CA put the collection on your credit report she is correct. Only the CA can remove it. But......

What you can do is offer to PFD the OC IF the OC still owns the account, and have the OC instruct the CA to delete the baddie from your CR.

I was successful in having 3 med collections deleted using this tactic.

Be SURE to negotiate a duplicate original on hospital/dr. letterhead of the OC instructing CA to delete the account from your file. Smiley Happy

Hope that helps.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.