Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD or just pay and then dispute?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD or just pay and then dispute?

Well I read on some other forums that most CA will not do PFD as it is dishonest and bla bla but that you can have more luck by paying them and then a few months later disputing it as not mine with the CRAs and that the CA will probably not even bother verifying it so it will get deleted anyway. Does anyone have any further insight into this? The thing is that I dont have a problem paying as it is $61 and just want it taken off my credit report and they have ignored my first PFD but I just sent out a second (I read on this forum that someone had luck with their fourth). So I am thinking that if they ignore this second letter to just pay them and then in 3-4 months to dispute it. any thoughts on this? thanks
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

Re: PFD or just pay and then dispute?

pfd! Dont you dare pay them without a pfd! I learned the hard way and paid without one! There are some great pfd and dv letters here, did you send certified mail????
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD or just pay and then dispute?

I used a letter from here although I did not sent it certified mail. I can do that next time perhaps. But so you never used a PFD letter? you just paid and are stuck with it now did you dispute it as not yours?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.