Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD response from MCM

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD response from MCM

Got response letter back from MCM stating that it is illegal to delete pif collections. That the cb's were not going to delete them.  I made the debt and they cannot alter cr's.  Then said I may still pay settlement.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD response from MCM

are you past SOL?
Message 2 of 8
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Ha. How old is this debt? What is your state's SOL? Did you DV before offering PFD? It is not illegal. The law states that they must report accurate information. They can choose not to report certain information, or any information at all, just as long as what they do report is accurate.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

date opened May 2001
dateclosed Oct 2002
Date of last activity July 2007
sol 3 years
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

lookingforhome wrote:
date opened May 2001
dateclosed Oct 2002
Date of last activity July 2007
sol 3 years

You are past SOL.........send them this letter   make changes where needed  and just type your name.

DOLA that they are showing is NOT accurate!!!!   I would not even offer a PFD.....do you have any idea what the DOFD was from the OC???

Your Name
Your Address
Collector's Name
Collector's Address
RE: [insert account number or name of account or name of debt]:
Dear [insert collector's name or company name],
This letter is in response to your [letter dated xx-xx-2005] (copy enclosed) or [phone call on xx-xx-2005], concerning the collection of the above referenced [account or date].
I do not believe I owe what you say I owe therefore I dispute this debt. I am well aware of my rights under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and my state laws so I hope to save both of us a great deal of time by letting you know that not only do I dispute the validity of this debt, I have also checked with my State Attorney General and verified that the Statute of Limitations for enforcing this type of debt through the courts in (insert your state or the state in which the contract was signed) has expired. Therefore, should you decide to pursue this matter in court I intend to inform the court of my dispute of this debt and that the "statute of limitations" has expired.
This letter is your formal notification that I consider this matter closed and demand that you, or anyone affiliated with your company, stop contacting me regarding this or any other matter except to advise me that your debt collection efforts are being terminated or that you or the creditor are taking specific actions allowed by the FDCPA or my state laws.
Be advised that I consider any contact not in accordance with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act a serious violation of the law and will immediately report any violations to my State Attorney General, to the Federal Trade Commission and, if necessary, take whatever legal action is necessary to protect myself. Be advised that I tape record all phone calls and violations of the FDCPA can result in you or your company being personally fined up to $1,000 per incident.

TYPE YOUR NAME!
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the letter.  What step should I take if they do not respond?
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

They do not have to respond   this is not a DV!!

It is telling them that you know your rights & that you are past SOL.........that you will sue if you need to in order to protect yourself.

They can still report to CRAs  but only up to DOFD.  If they changed the DOFD  you can sue.

You can DV  then along with the letter!!!!  make them answer

Always keep in mind that they have no idea what records that you have.And you will never tell.

This should drop off CR  (guessing here)  end of 2008 or in 2009

Message Edited by HappyDays on 02-19-2008 03:51 PM

Message Edited by HappyDays on 02-19-2008 03:52 PM

Message Edited by HappyDays on 02-19-2008 03:53 PM
Message 7 of 8
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

If they do not respond though, they have to cease all collection activities until they do respond, including reporting on CRs.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.