Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD's....No response. What now?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD's....No response. What now?

So, I have an old Verizon account that was sent to a CA. I've sent out at least 4 PFD letters. 2 were sent certified mail. I have not received ANY feedback whatsoever. No, I haven't tried PFB yet. I'm just wondering what I should do next. I REALLY want to take care of this, as I've been having good luck with other PFD's and straightening out my credit in general. This is my biggest debt next to my student loans, so once this is taken care of, I will be in alot better place. Any help, like always, is greatly appriciated.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
John060675
Valued Contributor

Re: PFD's....No response. What now?

Are you sending them to a specific person or just to a general attention?

I think it would help to call and find out a supervisor's name and address it to them.  If that does not work, then call back and find someone above the supervisor to send it to.

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I've only been sending to "To whom it may concern".
I only have an address. Any idea how I can get a phone number....? And also, isn't it bad to talk to CA on the phone?

Here's the CA info I have:

The CBE Group, Inc.
Box 3251
Milwaukee, WI 53201

Message 3 of 8
Takunda1
Established Contributor

Try this. I got this from their website.

Corporate Office and Operational Center
131 Tower Park Drive, Suite 100
Waterloo, IA 50701
Phone: (800) 925-6686

Branch Operational Center
1031 Office Park Road, Suite 6
West Des Moines, IA 50265

Branch Operational Center
6151 Powers Ferry Road, Suite 210
Atlanta, GA 30339
Message 4 of 8
John060675
Valued Contributor

You are right, never talk to them about your account on the phone.  However, I just call and ask for a supervisor to send a letter in concerning an account.  If they press me for the account information, I say I am doing this for my wife and I do not have any of her information, and that I just need a name.  So far (4 times) I have been successful in getting a supervisors name without telling them anything!

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would dispute this account. There is a chance the CA listed on your report doesn't own it and that is why they are not responding to you. Had this happen to me on an old TL. If it comes back verified then you know they probably just don't want to do a PFD. If not it will drop off and the real owner of the debt will report it at some point.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

bamf70 wrote:
I would dispute this account. There is a chance the CA listed on your report doesn't own it and that is why they are not responding to you. Had this happen to me on an old TL. If it comes back verified then you know they probably just don't want to do a PFD. If not it will drop off and the real owner of the debt will report it at some point.

The CA isn't reporting it though. Verizon is however. The weird thing is, the CA is charging something like 200 bucks on top of the 987 I owe Verizon for "collection fees'. I offered to pay EVERYTHING in full. I can't understand why they wouldn't just take it. So frustrating. I am definietly going to call and get a name though. I'll keep trying. Thanks for all the help so far.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now I understand. Ok since the CA isn't reporting and Verizon is you are probably stuck because the CA can not delete the OC's TL. Your only recourse is dealing directly with Verizon either by mail, phone or PFB.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.