Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD success stories to CAs?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD success stories to CAs?

I've been reading the forum for a while now, and have seen many stories about people writing PFDs (pay for delete) to CAs (collection agencies). But... I haven't seen any success documented on the forum. It's entirely possible I may have missed them too. There has to be someone out there who was successful at it? If there are stories on here that I missed, could someone please tell me where to look, or if you have a success story, could you please share it? Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD success stories to CAs?

You just need to read deeper. They are all over the forum.

Look in Success Stories sticky in this section:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&thread.id=27512

My PFD story is there. Also use the search box up at the top. Type in PFD, and see what pops up.

Never ever, ever be late. Never
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm, didn't find my question answered when I read your post. I saw that a collections was deleted, but I didn't realize it was because of a PFD. Yay for you!!
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it was a PFD. I negotiated with the OC for the actual PFD. They instucted the CA to delete all info, which they did.

I actually wrote the PFD letter to the OC. And hand delivered it to them, with my cashier's check. In this instance, I never actually mailed anything. It worked for me.

Never ever,ever be late. Never
Message 4 of 10
azsassycat
Frequent Contributor

Here's a previous post of mine - I've gotten positive responses for two PFD and one GW so far.

I just received my second PFD acceptance !  Here's what their response stated:

We represent the above referenced client in collection services for the referred account.  If payment in full is received in our office by 10/26/07, we will agree to delete this from your credit report, otherwise we will mark it as a paid collection.  Please mail your payment to:

Signed by CA representative

BTW - this is for a hospital co-pay of $100, date of service 04/03/05, still within SOL

Two down, but still a lot of work to do.  I'm sending payment (CMRRR) today and will pull my scores again on the 20th.  Hopefully, with these PFDs and a few GWs I've sent, my scores will be on the rise.  Wish me luck.

Cathleen
10/22/07 (FICO) EQ 544 EX 520 TU 518
03/04/08 (FICO) EQ 606 EX 599 TU 601
04/24/08 (FICO) EQ 600 EX 580 TU 608
06/02/15 (FICO) EQ 578 EX 561 TU 589
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best of luck sassy. I know you are working very hard to improve your CR.

I believe you are, and your hard work will pay off soon. Smiley Happy

Never ever, ever give up. Never
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had good experiences...but it seems the results you get are different with each company.  I recently sent a PFD to a collection agency for a hospital bill that I had.  The CA rejected it, as well as telling me they contacted the OC (the hospital) and they would not agree to it either.

So, I wrote a new PFD letter to the hospital directly, telling them my story and what happened at the time and why I couldn't pay my bill.  I also stated that now I am getting back on my feet financially and wanted to pay the bill in full for a delete from my CR's.

The CFO of the hospital called me to verify my story, get more info, and he said "he didn't normally do this"  but he agreed to it.  So, now I just have to bring in my check and they will call to have the CA delete the info from my CR's.

I also had good luck with sending a GW letter to a CA for a paid utility bill collection from 2004.  The CA then told me I had to dispute it directly with the three credit bureaus.  So, I did...and it was magically deleted from all three reports.

It takes alot of work but slowly and surely you will see results!!  Smiley Happy

Message Edited by Elexi21 on 10-30-2007 01:39 PM
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh wonderful Elexi! I'm so happy for you. My successful PFD was also a hospital collection. And very similar circumstance.

Suggestion: Be sure and get an original duplicate from the hospital to the CA instructing them to delete the baddie. Just in case, you understand.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Sylvia!  Yes, I will request that when I go to pay....just to cover all my bases!  I am nervous about it all working out smoothly but hopefully it will!!
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please keep us posted and tell us how it went.

Don't be nervous. They will be more than happy for you to give them your money. Smiley Happy

It's a win win situation for both parties. The hospital is getting their money, and they are able to clear an old account off their book, PLUS they are doing something good for you by deleting a super baddie, that's a boat anchor on your credit scores. Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.