cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD to Wells Fargo?

tag
bsteelhammer

PFD to Wells Fargo?

Several years ago, just as I was preparing to exit college, I applied for a secured credit card from Wells Fargo with a $1000 limit. I was, and am still, a banking customer as well.
For several years I used the card and paid pretty well (1 30 day late). Well, somehow in spring 2004 I missed 2 payments, with the card near the limit. The next time I logged in to the website to make the payment, the card was not shown, and I just assumed they had closed the account and I was forfeit most if not all of my deposit. I never thought about it again, until last summer when I checked my credit reports for the first time.

At that time I saw that the secured card was showing as a charge off of $227 for 3 and a half years (updated every month, not sure how that affects my score). With the SOL so close (4 years) I decided to wait till that point in order to begin negotiations with them.

I'm in the process of writing a PFD letter to Wells Fargo and am curious if anyone has had any luck with PFD's to Wells Fargo, or am I spinning my wheels?

Getting this removed will leave my report in pretty good shape, with the exception of some late payments on student loans. (always verify that you are actually in forebearance before stopping payments)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
dragnldy
Regular Contributor

Re: PFD to Wells Fargo?

Don't know if this will help, but I just finished paying off over $5000 on my CC through them.  Disputed that the account was paid in full through a CA and the Wells Fargo listing was taken off of all 3 CRAs.  Was not actually due to come off until 2011.  Yippee!
Ficos
3/7/08 TU-646 EQ-640 EX-650
3/17/09 TU-678 EQ 666
3/20/12 TU- 760 EQ 785
Util almost 0 and baddies all gone! now to gardening!
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Similar situation here, settled on a Wells Fargo CC and now my CR is racked full of late payments and a charge off...what office location is listed on your report? I have Portland as mine, and beyond the information listed on my CR it seems to be a "ghost" office, no online information, email addresses, etc. I sent them a GW fax yesterday, so I'm going to wait a couple of weeks before the PFD.

I recall, rather unfortunately, that some people reported trouble with Wells Fargo removing accounts. Never hurts to try though. What's your state's SOL?
Message 3 of 5
bsteelhammer

Wells Fargo contact information

As reported by TU:
PO BOX 5445
PORTLAND , OR 97208
(800) 247-8101

Number from EX Report:
(877) 778-5697

My states SOL is 4 years, and the balance is only a couple hundred dollars, I just reviewd my reports and it seems Feb 2004 was the last payment.

My problem is I didn't know there was a remaining balance, or it would have been paid before it was ever charged off.

I have no problem paying the balance, but my understanding is there will be little benefit to paying it vs. letting it fall off in 3 years.
Message 4 of 5
kball64
Frequent Contributor

I paid in a full CO with WF and sent a GW to them last month asking them to delete the account.  I still haven't heard anything so I just sent a 2nd letter and sent it to the address on my report this time.  It's the P.O. box 5445 in Porttland, OR.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.