cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD to the Dr. or to the CA? Need advice please help!

tag
glamchick
Established Contributor

PFD to the Dr. or to the CA? Need advice please help!

I would like to send a PFD to get this $150 charge off my credit report.  The dofd is 1/2007 its within my states SOL.  Should I send a PFD to the Dentist or to the current CA?

Thanks!
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
glamchick
Established Contributor

Re: PFD to the Dr. or to the CA? Need advice please help!

Bump Smiley Happy
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 2 of 9
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Glam, who is reporting on your CR? If CA, then DV them. If dentist still owns it, try to work with them, as it is always better to work with the OC rather than a CA.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 9
glamchick
Established Contributor

The CA now owns it.  Its only  a year old though still within my SOL so I can't DV it. I have to PFD.  I thought if I contacted the dentist and paid him he could stop the CA from reporting on my account.  Is that right?
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 4 of 9
cobra19
Valued Contributor

glam............I would call the dentist directly. Apologize for the misunderstanding/mixup, etc. regarding the payment and politely ask him if he'd kindly remove it. You'd be very grateful. When the OC is a doctor or dentist, you can get better (and quicker) results talking to them directly.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just reading to gain knowledge just one ?  if it is within SOL you can't send a DV letter to the CA. Is this right or did I read it wrong!!!
Message 6 of 9
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Just reading to gain knowledge just one ?  if it is within SOL you can't send a DV letter to the CA. Is this right or did I read it wrong!!!

That is not correct. You can send a DV, even though there are times when it would be to your advantage not to send a DV (like when your SOL is just about up--let sleeping dogs lie).

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Junejer wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That is not correct. You can send a DV, even though there are times when it would be to your advantage not to send a DV (like when your SOL is just about up--let sleeping dogs lie).

Absolutely right. You can always send a DV.  Definitely within your rights.
Message 8 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

twinranch wrote:

False, you can always DV a CA even if the debt is still under SOL. Caution though, sending a DV while a debt is within SOL could lead to you being summoned.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.