Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD worked with Harvard Collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD worked with Harvard Collections

Thanks to everybody for posting about pfds. I wish I had known about these years ago. Here is the letter I used for an old account I had with Com Ed, now being reported by Harvard Collections. This account was about 3-4 years old.

Harvard Collection Services
4839 North Elston Avenue
Chicago, IL 60630

Re: Collection Account for Original Creditor Account #: 51654****
Amount: $1080.00

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is to inform you that the validity of this debt is disputed. I am not sure of the account number, as I have never heard from you regarding this account. The account number I have is the one listed on my TransUnion credit report – which omits the last few digits.

As I have received no communication from you regarding this debt, I am contacting you in an attempt to settle this debt. In the spirit of compromise, I am willing to pay 50% ($540.00) on this account if you agree to immediate deletion of this account from any and all credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion). The purpose of this settlement is merely to have this item removed from my credit files. It is not to be construed as an acknowledgment of liability for this debt in any form.

If you agree to the terms and accept this agreement, certified funds for the settlement amount of five hundred and forty dollars ($540.00) will be sent to Harvard Collection Services in exchange for full deletion of ALL references regarding this account from my credit files and full satisfaction of the debt. As certified funds will be used for payment, there shall be no waiting period regarding the deletion of this account from the credit reporting agencies.

Harvard Collection Services agrees to delete ALL information regarding this account from the credit reporting agencies WITHIN TEN CALENDAR (10) DAYS following receipt of payment as specified above and will not discuss the terms of this settlement with anyone, excluding your client on this account. If contacted by any third party, including credit-reporting agencies, Harvard Collection Services will not acknowledge that any settlement offer was made, accepted or executed and will, in fact, deny knowledge of any such account.

If you agree to the above terms, please prepare a letter on your company letterhead explicitly agreeing to the same terms as the above settlement offer and have it signed by an authorized representative of Harvard Collection Services. It will be implied that this letter shall constitute a legally binding contract, enforceable under the laws of my state.

Your response must be postmarked no later than 15 days from your receipt of this settlement offer or this offer will be withdrawn and I will request full validation of this debt, as provided for by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.

Please address all correspondence regarding this account to:

xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD worked with Harvard Collections

Even though I asked for them to correspond to me in writing, the manager there Noel called me at home. Since I will be only a few miles from their office next week he told me he will have a PIF letter and a letter stating it will be deleted from all my credit reports waiting for me when I go in person to pay this.

I'm not sure if it's because the end of the fiscal year is here or if it's just the end of the month but both settlements I received this month said they had to be completed by the end of this month. No matter it'll be off sometime next month Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Job!!   Smiley Very Happy
Message 3 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Super!
Message 4 of 8
bb1000
New Contributor

Did they in fact delete the account pursuant to your agreement? It appears that you heard from them, but I'm unclear from the posts whether they actually followed through. Thanks!
Message 5 of 8
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Good Job. Once you get the letter tell us what the letter says.
Message 6 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

The original post was from back in June, and I think it's been several weeks since I've seen this poster on. Might be a while before you hear back... Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 8
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Cha Ching!  Good Job!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.