Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD

This is my first post.  I'm in NY trying to use PFD in order to get some collections removed from my CR, and would appreciate some feedback.

1) AFNI, OC is VZ.  the letter from them dated 11/6/07 doesn't include anything but the original creditor name and my former phone number, but I called the CRAs and they said the DOFD is 6/06.  I have included the PFD below as I am willing to pay in full ($123.33).  Should I try DV letter for them? I know Afni comes up on these boards a bit and they're tough, i just want the fastest way to resolve.
2) RJM collections.  OC is VS, DOFD is 6/01, so this will age off in June. trying to get it off earlier. Offering $100, debt is $647. 
3) Also got a letter from CBCS, not showing on my CR yet, but they offered me 60% to pay off a vz bill, also dating from '01 (by my estimation this should age off this june too). should i try for a pfd, even though it hasn't shown up yet, or do a DV?

#2 & #3 are from credit problems in college, thought they were all taken care of but want to be proactive about cleaning up my credit this year.   Any feedback on the letters below/tactics would be greatly appreciated.

AFNI Letter:

This letter is to inform you that the validity of this debt is disputed. As some of my papers were lost in subsequent moves, I do not some of the previous bills, and notes, relating to the account above.  However, I do recall disputing with Verizon the charges, dates and level of service they provided to my residence while I had their service.  ?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comSmiley SurprisedfficeSmiley Surprisedffice" />

In the spirit of compromise, I am willing to pay this account IN FULL if you agree to immediate deletion of this account from any and all credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion). The purpose of this settlement is merely to have this item removed from my credit files. It is not to be construed as an acknowledgment of liability for this debt in any form.

If you agree to the terms and accept this agreement, certified funds for the settlement amount of one hundred and twenty-three dollars and thirty-three cents ($123.33) will be sent to AFNI, Inc in exchange for full deletion of ALL references regarding this account from my credit files and full satisfaction of the debt. As certified funds will be used for payment, there shall be no waiting period regarding the deletion of this account from the credit reporting agencies.

AFNI, Inc agrees to delete ALL information... (standard copy - two paragraphs - from tuscani's example PFD letter) 

Your response must be postmarked no later than 15 days from your receipt of this settlement offer or this offer will be withdrawn and I will pursue the more time and labor intensive process of requesting full validation of this alleged debt, as provided for by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.

RJM Collections Letter

This letter is to inform you that the validity of this debt is disputed.   I am sure I have already paid this, but I cannot find the record of payment, as I disposed of my old records from this time period. Furthermore, I have found out that the statute of limitations is expiring for this debt, and it will not even appear on my credit report at all in a few months.

However, in the spirit of compromise, I am WILLING TO PAY THIS ACCOUNT FOR THE AMOUNT OF $100.00 IF YOU AGREE TO THE IMMEDIATE DELETION OF THIS ACCOUNT FROM ANY AND ALL CREDIT REPORTING AGENCIES (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion). The purpose of this settlement is merely to have this item removed from my credit files immediately. It is not to be construed as an acknowledgment of liability for this debt in any form. 

If you agree to the terms and accept this agreement, certified funds for the settlement amount of one hundred ($100.00) will be sent to RJM Acquisitions, LLC in exchange for full deletion of ALL references regarding this account from my credit files and full satisfaction of the debt. As certified funds will be used for payment, there shall be no waiting period regarding the deletion of this account from the credit reporting agencies.

RJM Acquisitions, LLC agrees to delete ALL information... (standard copy - two paragraphs - from tuscani's example PFD letter) 

Your response must be postmarked no later than 15 days from your receipt of this settlement offer or this offer will be withdrawn and I will simply wait for this item to be removed from my credit report in the next few months through the normal credit aging process.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help!! Time is running out...

bump

i sent the letters below and have only gotten failure... am so frustrated, not sure I will be able to clean up... i applied for credit extension with bofa on 1/6/08. they declined, but mentioned i could reapply within 30 days (4 days from now), if there were any mistakes on my cr. i sent the letters below and have only gotten failures. Only AFNI responded. they sent me a bill from the OC VZ, which i never received probably because i moved.  Can I still dispute? Am not willing to pay them unless they remove bc I think VZ is bogus.  Can i go to VZ directly, or is it better just to pay them and hope that my credit gets better "over time"? Am very concerned about my low scores (EQ: 610, TU: 580, EX: 597).

Am also concerned that the inquiry from bofa will make my score go even further down, which is why i wanted to try and clean it up.

Also to try and raise my score, called 3 companies, Cap1, a saks cc and my school loan company to see if the would GW remove 2 late collections i had when i was having financial difficulty two years ago (all accounts are up to date now-- will never be late again!!). school loan said no, Cap1 said yes, but they haven't removed it. saks said maybe but sent me a letter saying the lates  were valid so they would not remove. 

These 6 things are the only things bringing my credit down, but don't understand why it's so low since they are such small amounts... Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated... am greatly discouraged...
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD

First  the SOL in NY is 6 years  

If you live in NY state and the collection is five years old it must be deleted per the NY FCRA

IMO  never pay 1 cent with out a DV......they must prove that the debt is yours  that the amount is correct  that they have the legal right to collect

If your states requires a CA to be licensed & they are not......they can not collect!

if you use this DV   make the changes that are needed  do NOT sign your name just type it! Send it CMRRR!!!!!   they must answer it within 30 days or stop collections & that includes reporting!

Remember that CAs are know to change the DOFD and DOLA to suit them!

The DOFD that you got from the CRA  was supplied by the CA   not the OC

You would have an idea when you stopped paying a cell phone.

If I read this right  #1 and #3  could be for the same bill????

Remember never talk to a CA   everything in writting!!  A PFD can be used after an answer to a DV  BUT the worsing MUST be correct and should be on Their letterhead and signed by them!!

CERTIFIED MAIL #: _______________________________________________________
Your Name
Your Address
YourTown,, State ZipCode

Debt Collection Company Name
Their address
Town, State ZipCode

Date:

Re: Debt Collection Company Name; Acct # Debt Collection Company #; Original Creditor Name; OC Acct #

To Whom It May Concern:
This letter is being sent to you in response to a notice sent to me on DATE. Be advised that this is a notice sent pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 USC 1692g Sec. 809 (b) that your claim is disputed and validation is requested.
This is NOT a request for “verification” or proof of my mailing address, but a request for FULL MEDIA VALIDATION made pursuant to the above named Title and Section. I respectfully request that your offices provide me with competent evidence that (a) the account is valid, (b) the amount allegedly owed is accurate, and (c) I have a contractual obligation to pay Debt Collection Company Name for this alleged debt.
All of the following MUST be provided to adequately validate the authenticity of the alleged debt AND provide proof of my contractual obligation to Debt Collection Company Name for this alleged debt:
• Signed credit application between myself and the original creditor
• Copies of all signed vouchers from the date account was opened until default
• Copies of all statements from the date account opened until default
• Proof of the statute of limitations
• Proof of agreement that you were hired by the Original creditor (creditor as defined by the FDCPA) or
• A copy of the contract Debt Collection Company Name purchased the alleged debt.
• If the alleged debt was purchased, provide a copy of an agreement between Debt Collection Company Name and myself, signed by me, stating that I have a contractual responsibility to Debt Collection Company Name for the alleged debt
• Provide proof that Debt Collection Company Name is bonded/Licensed for debt collecting in the State of Your State
Be advised that failing to provide ALL of the media requested to validate the alleged debt will invalidate any and all claims Debt Collection Company Name is asserting regarding this alleged debt. If Debt Collection Company Name can NOT provide all of the validation media requested above, ALL collection efforts MUST be stopped and the account MUST be DELETED from the Debt Collection Company Name. If you can NOT validate your claim, you can NOT, by law, collect on it, or SELL it to another collection agency. Also, reporting a debt to the credit reporting agencies that can not be validated is a violation of the FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act), and carries a $2500 fine to be paid to me. I have two years to decide if I want to pursue this matter. PLEASE GIVE THIS MATTER THE ATTENTION IT DESERVES.
If your offices are able to provide all of the validating media as requested, I will require at least 30 days to investigate this information, and during such time, all collection activity must cease and desist.
I am also stating, in writing, that no telephone contact be made by your offices. If your offices attempt telephone communication with me, including but not limited to computer generated calls and calls or correspondence sent to or with any third parties, it will be considered harassment, and I will have no choice but to file suit. All future communications with me MUST be done in writing and sent to the address noted in this letter by United States Postal Service.

Best Regards,

Your Name

Of course never sign the DV 

Message Edited by HappyDays on 02-02-2008 12:42 PM

Message Edited by HappyDays on 02-02-2008 01:17 PM
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow the info that the statute in NY allows things under 5 years to be deleted is great info to have. thanks Happy! If I reach out to the CRA's with this info, are they obligated to remove? As i mentioned i already pfd the CAs and of course that's probably why they didn't respond. 

#1 and #3 are not the same.  #1 was for a landline that was in dispute and #3 was a cell phone years ago (the statute is way past on that, so it should not be on my report anywhere)

For #1 (Afni) I will try sending the letter you recommended, but I'm pretty sure they are licensed in NY, (it seems they do big business here).  What about disputing the bill directly with VZ? I am willing to pay at least a portion to remove bc it is from 2006 and i would have to wait 4 years, but they really did provide shoddy home service and  i never actually received that final bill (I was under the impression my account was closed after paying the bill before it).  At the very least i would want a "disputed by customer" on my cr.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, if anyone has advice about the GW deletes, I would appreciate it.  From everything I've read it doesn't sound like closing the accounts will help but if it would, I'm willing to close saks and Cap1. 
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.