Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD?

I have an unpaid collection for 281 from '02.I cannot say for sure whether it is legit.Should I try PFD?If they refuse could this backfire?money's not an issue.I'm a little hesitant about calling and "rocking the boat" how much do you think this is hurting me now?Advice? 
EQ 582
Ex 687
TU 682
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD?

Don't call them!  Do everything by mail and most of it by CMRRR.  I would do a DV first ~ I have had huge success with DV's in the last few months.  If they are unable to validate the debt they will delelte and usually most CA's will delete instead of taking the time to investigate the debt.  At the same time you send the DV dispute the collection with the CRAs, it's a double wammy! If during the DV time frame they verify the debt with the CRAs before sending your validation they are in violation of the FDCPA.  Which you can take legal action for.  If they do validate then you can offer a PFD.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.