Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE HELP!!!!!! COLLECTION AGENCY FROM HELL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PLEASE HELP!!!!!! COLLECTION AGENCY FROM HELL

I have this collection account with COMMONWEALTH FINANCIAL that has been giving me sooo many problems. I have disputed this account with no success. It was only reporting on my EQ and TU report but when i looked at my reports this morning it's reporting on EX now. They were included in my BK, also it's now reporting twice on my EQ and TU report with the same account number only it's a letter in front of it. Can they add this account to my experian report after all this time? What is the correct way to deal with these scums.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!! COLLECTION AGENCY FROM HELL

They can't report the same account twice unless there are two separate accounts in some way.

Dispute one of them and explain that it's a duplicate of the other on all three credit reports.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I send a validation letter?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

BUMP
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it is reporting discharged in BK (balance $0) then it is reporting correctly ... if not then I wojuld do a paper dispute with the CRA and send a copy of the discharge.  At the same time I would send and ITS to the CA (along with a copy of the discharge) - giving them 2 business days to correct or you will pursue all remedies available to you.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.