Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE HELP in removing negative info... Please Please Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PLEASE HELP in removing negative info... Please Please Help

Hi Faithful Friends

I paid a collection and did not negotiate to remove negative info from my credit files.  I wrote GW letters to the collection company and original company to whom the debt was owed to.  I also wrote to the 3 credit agencies basically pleading help and that it was only for $74 and the debt may be due to my landlord and not me.

Experian replied as follows..

1.   We have reviewed the identification info - please submit a copy of your SS and other documentation to update your name. (Is this usual ? - should I send this info)

2. We have researched your credit account - this has been updated and reported as closed with zero balanace.

3.   We have reviewed your concerns and our conclusions are - the disputed account is currently not reporting on your credit file. (it is on the attached equifax print out as collection though - with the note this time that it is paid and closed)

My questions are,

Will my score which droped from 705 to 660 because of this collection come back to 700 ish... with the EXP notification.   

I have not heard from TU or EXP should I follow up as they both got the same letter as EQX. 

The collection has a last activity of 04/2002 and a last payment of 05/2007, how long is this going to stay on my account ?

I have an account history of  G for both May and June this year - will these G's affect my as a late payment notification for the month will ?

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Richard

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PLEASE HELP in removing negative info... Please Please Help

Your best bet is the GW to the CA. Go up the food chain there as high as you can.

I would stop with the GW to the CRA's, but continue with verification of the debt. They couldn't care less about you or me or any consumer, especially experian.

Message Edited by alkizz on 07-28-2007 09:19 AM
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Richard, here's my opinion based on personal experience:

Go back to the original creditor. Research their company structure and get the name of the CEO or president. This is the person you want to make contact with.

In making contact with that person, call first and tell them to expect a brief letter from you via Fed Ex and send it that way... it illustrates your sense of urgency and it'll only cost you a few bucks. In that letter, explain your situation honestly and apologize for the delay in paying the debt. Explain that you've worked hard to rebuild your credit profile and that your scores were over 700. That's something every creditor likes to see... a 700 score.

Send along a copy of the payment that was made and simply explain that you mistakenly forgot to arrange for the trade line to be deleted. Ask the original creditor's president or CEO (or their staff) to please intervene on your behalf and contact the collection agency to have the item deleted. I would even go so far as to have the name and contact number of the president or head of that collection agency, so that the original creditor representative will be able to get right in to the right person. You want to make this as easy as possible for the original creditor.

Follow up with a phone call back to the original creditor's CEO or president's team and verify that they got that letter and offer to answer any questions or address any concerns. If they are willing, as them to send you a short letter stating that they are going to contact the collection agency to have that line deleted. That alone should be enough documentation to send to a manager at each credit bureau to have the deletion expedited.

Go get 'em, Richard. Stay confident and be firm but above all be polite.

Let us know how you do.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got a negative report "30 days past due" i know i missed on this card since i very seldom use it.But i paid it now, is there any way i can clean this record, i hate to see i have past due bcoz i have never had it and this time i was on vacation thats why i forgot to pay it promptly.I just called the creditor customer service and i was told they couldnt do nothing about it anymore since it was reported.Is it true? can i call the credit bureau about it.Is paying this card off and closing it will delete this negative report? I hope anybody can give me advice what to do, I need to clean up my record as i am preparing to get a mortgage loan later this year.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

jianne wrote:
I just got a negative report "30 days past due" i know i missed on this card since i very seldom use it.But i paid it now, is there any way i can clean this record, i hate to see i have past due bcoz i have never had it and this time i was on vacation thats why i forgot to pay it promptly.I just called the creditor customer service and i was told they couldnt do nothing about it anymore since it was reported.Is it true? can i call the credit bureau about it.Is paying this card off and closing it will delete this negative report? I hope anybody can give me advice what to do, I need to clean up my record as i am preparing to get a mortgage loan later this year.

Your best bet is to send a Goodwill letter to the credit card company noting your past record and pleading to your mistake and hope for the best.  They are under no obligation to remove the late. Calling the credit bureau will do no good.

Good luck.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is why, if you have any doubt over the veracity of a CA's claim, DV it to protect yourself.

To the OP, if you have any indication that the debt ain't yours or is the result of action by your landlord, please post those details. If there's something there, might be something you can do.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK -Good NEWS !!!!!!!

Experian have deleted the collection item which is EXCELLENT - if Equifax and Transunion make no changes could I send them the experian finidng and ask them to revisit this item -

"its a slow climb but I think I am comming to the top of the hill"

Thanks again in advance

Richard
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.