Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE HELP!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PLEASE HELP!!

Back in 2005, a bad storm knocked out a power transformer at my apt. and I had no cable for a couple weeks or so. When I got the bill I decided to call the cable co. and told them I shouldn't have to pay for services I did not receive and the lady on the phone agreed to eliminate the bill. Apparently they didn't however, because it went to collections and now shows up on my report. I filed a dispute with all 3 CRAs. However this didn't seem to get me very far. It still shows up as derogatory on all 3. TU says "dispute resolved. customer disagrees." EX says "subscriber reports dispute resolved-consumer disagrees." EQ says "consumer disputes after resolution. Subject has not satisfied debt." WHAT THE @!&%*!#@&^#%*!!!!!! It never ceases to amaze me how screwed up things get over the stupidest matters. So.......question: I don't mind paying this to get it removed permanently, but should I send GW letter or a PFD?? any recommendations. PLEASE HELP!!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PLEASE HELP!!

Try PFD ...you should be able to get the cable company to agree. You want to get it removed. Paying it will not remove it. PFD first! Good luck!
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so the PFD sample provided starts out with something to the effect of I don't know anything about this alleged account. But I obviously do and did not have my cable disconnected during this time period. do I need to modify the PFD provided in any way? Do I need to bring up the fact that the customer service representative said she would waive the bill?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to the top of the page and click on "credit scoring 101"  Chose tuscani's PFD and modify it as needed for your situation. That should get you a great start. If you are going to call first, I would nicely explain how you would have paid but you thought it was resolved and you will pay now if they agree to delete it from all the CRA's. But you must have it in writing!!! Be as sweet as pie ask for their help...you really need some help with this!
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, so here's the letter I plan to use. Because the PFD is going to go to the CA, I worded it a little different. It's a win-win for both of us but I don't see why they would not jump on it. If they refuse to accept payment and delete, then I guess I could talk to the cable company again and see if they could help. What do you think??

Amount: $162.00

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter was written in hopes of resolving an old alleged debt. There has been no small amount of confusion about this particular bill you are trying to collect. It was originally verbally agreed upon by Bright House that the amount you are now trying to collect would be waived for interruption of service due to electrical problems with a transformer. Despite numerous efforts to resolve the issue, it continues to exist and tarnish my credit report.

In the spirit of compromise, I am willing to pay this account IN FULL if you agree to immediate deletion of this account from any and all credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion). The purpose of this settlement is merely to have this item removed from my credit files. It is not to be construed as an acknowledgment of liability for this debt in any form.

If you agree to the terms and accept this agreement, certified funds for the settlement amount of one hundred and sixty-two dollars ($162.00) will be sent to the CMI Group in exchange for full deletion of ALL references regarding this account from my credit files and full satisfaction of the debt. As certified funds will be used for payment, there shall be no waiting period regarding the deletion of this account from the credit reporting agencies.

The CMI Group agrees to delete ALL information regarding this account from the credit reporting agencies WITHIN TEN CALENDAR (10) DAYS following receipt of payment as specified above and will not discuss the terms of this settlement with anyone, excluding your client on this account. If contacted by any third party, including credit-reporting agencies, the CMI Group will not acknowledge that any settlement offer was made, accepted or executed and will, in fact, deny knowledge of any such account.

If you agree to the above terms, please prepare a letter on your company letterhead explicity agreeing to the same terms as the above settlement offer and have it signed by an authorized representative of the CMI Group. It will be implied that this letter shall constitute a legally binding contract, enforceable under the laws of my state.

Your response must be postmarked no later than 15 days from your receipt of this settlement offer or this offer will be withdrawn and I will request full validation of this alleged debt, as provided for by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.

Please address all correspondence regarding this account to:

ME
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.