cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE HELP...............................

tag
My_dog_FICO
Regular Contributor

Re: PLEASE HELP...............................

If you're sweet to them before you settle, they MIGHT be nice enough to recode it as "Paid as Agreed".  They definitely don't have to though.
11/14/07 TU 567 - EQ 561 - EX 577
11/29/07 TU ??? - EQ 573 - EX ???
12/10/07 TU ??? - EQ 579 - EX ??? - 60% util - OOPS!
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

First - STOP CALLING

Write a PFD letter and keep sending it monthly until they agree or it fall off your report.  If you are past SOL for your state this is the only way they can get paid - in about the third letter let them know this.

According to FUSED - there is no good done by paying a collection without a PFD.
Message 12 of 18
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I'm in the same boat as you. It's amazing how $150 of original debt became $1200 in three years time, in my case. The OC reported half that and the CA (Arrow) reports $1200. I DV'd Arrow and they never responded (my DV was past 30 days of initial contact). Jefferson, in turn, has sent letters on behalf of them also. In fact, Jefferson sent me a CC offer in which I would pay half owed and they would send a CC in return. To the trash it went. The CRTP ends late next year so I decided to sit it out. This past weekend, EX deleted the OC off the report with me doing anything. And who says that EX is the devil?!
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Arrow Fin

Date Opened 11/05/2004
Date Report:  10/01/2007

I live in NJ, what would be my SOL?
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Jersey Statutes of Limitation

Conversion of an instrument for money: 3 years, (N.J.S.A.12A: 3-118(g)).

Sale of goods under the UCC: 4-years, (N.J.S.A. 12A; 2-725).

Real or personal property damage, recovery and contracts not under seal: 6 years (N.J.S.A. 2A: 14-1).

Demand Notes when no demand is made: 10 years. If demand made: 6 years from date of demand, (12A: 3-118(b)).

Obligations under seal for the payment of money only, except bank, merchant, finance company or other financial institution: 16 years, (N.J.S.A. 2A: 14-4) actions for unpaid rent if lease agreement is under seal, (N.J.S.A. 2A: 14-4).

Real estate: 20 years, (N.J.S.A. 2A: 14-7); Judgments: 20 years, renewable, (2A: 14-5); Foreign judgments: 20 years (unless period in originating jurisdiction is less), (2A: 14- 5).

Unaccepted drafts: 3 years from date of dishonor or 10 years from date of draft, whichever expires first, (12A: 3- 118(c)).

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

still confused Smiley Sad, where do my situation fall............ sorry for the nagging but you are so helpful

thanks
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

if they don't show it as paid then do thisSmiley Sadsse my post under this topic)

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably (note the probably) this one:

Real or personal property damage, recovery and contracts not under seal: 6 years (N.J.S.A. 2A: 14-1).

If a NJ Resident with experience can chime in they may be more useful
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.