Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE I NEED ADVICE

tag
nathan
Frequent Contributor

PLEASE I NEED ADVICE

I just received a score watch and my eq dropped 25 points because orchard just reported a card I never received. Let me explain. I got approved for orchard card but I never received the card after about a month. I called and they sent me another one which is curently $2.33 balance. Today they have decided to report the "lost or stolen card" as it says on score watch with a balance of $9.00 which i guess is the annual fee. Should I call orchard to get this removed or what should I do?  I have been working really hard to improve my score which was 505 three mos ago. I got to 595 dreaming of seeing 600 then boom!!! -25. This is very frustrating. Please I need your advice.

Thanks
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PLEASE I NEED ADVICE

I would leave it alone.  You took the hit for a new account.  Let it settle and your scores will improve without you doing anything.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes- I would ask them to delete it.
This is killing your AVG account age
Has the new one reported yet?

If your goals are only long term that may be a reason to leave it on. As it will report positive for 10 years. 

nathan wrote:
I just received a score watch and my eq dropped 25 points because orchard just reported a card I never received. Let me explain. I got approved for orchard card but I never received the card after about a month. I called and they sent me another one which is curently $2.33 balance. Today they have decided to report the "lost or stolen card" as it says on score watch with a balance of $9.00 which i guess is the annual fee. Should I call orchard to get this removed or what should I do?  I have been working really hard to improve my score which was 505 three mos ago. I got to 595 dreaming of seeing 600 then boom!!! -25. This is very frustrating. Please I need your advice.

Thanks

Message Edited by Timothy on 07-19-2007 10:24 AM
Message 3 of 6
nathan
Frequent Contributor

Yes the new one is already being reported. This means two accounts are reported instead of one.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should not have had to take a hit with the replacement card. Have them delete the first account and take off that 9.00. I went through this with their sister card...HSBC.
Message 5 of 6
nathan
Frequent Contributor

I just talked to them and I am told that they have to report as lost and they cannot  delete it. Do I need to talk to a supervisor? The lost card is reported with a $9.00 bal even though they transfered the $9.00 to my new card. Wouldn't it be better if it is reported as 00 bal?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.